In this guide we will be talking about the Samsung AR Emoji and how to use it. In the world of social media, we get to see emoijs everywhere in various apps. There are a lot of emojis, for expressions or for random items.
Some time back, Apple introduced a new concept, animated emojis called Animoji and Memoji. It was a concept much welcomed by users. Other brands, including Samsung also adopted the idea of animated emojis and introduced them with the name ‘AR Emoji’, and in this guide here, we will show you how to use them.
As we mentioned earlier, animated emojis were introduced by Apple back in 2017 with the iPhone X. Samsung introduced their own Samsung AR emojis in the next year with the Galaxy S9 series. In some ways, both of these are very similar to each other but Samsung provides some extra features that make it somewhat better than what Apple has to offer.
What is Samsung AR Emoji?
To put it simply, the Samsung AR Emoji feature is a feature that makes avatars of yourself. Now your avatar can be used in the form of emojis, stickers and gifs and could be sent to your friends as messages and chats. Users find it more fun when they use their own little avatars as emojis rather than using the normal ones.
The AR in AR Emoji stands for Augmented Reality. Using your camera, you can augment reality, that is, viewing your avatar in the real world through your camera. At the same time, you can also animate your avatar with you facial expressions.
Apart from being just animated versions of yourself, you can also make your avatars become other characters, for example by wearing suits and masks and then you can animate them using your facial expressions simultaneously. The aim of the Samsung AR Emojis was to spice up conversations with your friends by adding proper emotions and personality.
How To Make a Samsung AR Emoji?
- In order to make a Samsung AR Emoji, you will have to first open up the AR Zone app on your Samsung device. The app will be pre-installed on those devices which support AR Emoji.
- Once you have opened the app, proceed to ‘AR Emoji Studio’.
- You have the option to create an emoji by selecting a saved image on your device or by capturing a picture of yourself from the camera.
- On the photo of yourself that you have selected, you will have to select your face using the circle tool and tap on ‘Done’ when you have adjusted the circle properly.
- After that, you will need to select your body type and then you will be presented with an AR Emoji created from your looks in the photo.
- You will have the option to make changes to your avatar under the ‘Looks’ tab. Here you will be able to customize different aspects of your AR Emoji, from your face shape to your eyes. Apart from that, you can also choose your avatars wardrobe under the ‘Style’ tab.
- Once you are done, tap on ‘Next’.
- Now you will be presented with the message “Your stickers are ready to share”. Here, tap on ‘All Done’ to proceed.
How To Use Samsung AR Emoji
- After you have successfully created your AR Emoji, you need to return to the home page of the ‘AR Zone’ app and then tap on ‘AR Emoji Stickers’.
- In this section, you cam use your AR Emoji to create emojis, stickers and GIFs. At the top, you will be able to see some reactions that are already there. You have the option to download those and once they are downloaded, you can send them in messages, set them as your profile picture, put them on Always on display or save them to your phone’s gallery.
- You can download more sticker expression packs from the option available below on the page.
- By using the ‘+’ button at the top left of your screen, you will be able to create your own stickers and emojis by selecting expressions and backgrounds.
- Once you are done with this, go back to the home screen of the ‘AR Zone’ app and then proceed to the ‘AR Emoji Camera’.
- Under this section, you will be able to use an AR mask on your emoji and edit it using your facial expressions. You will need to select an AR emoji and then take a photo.
- In the bottom row, you will be able to see available options for “Scene,” which adds a background, “Mirror” to see the emoji mimic your movements, and “Play” to drop the AR emoji into the real world.
So that was it from our side on what is Samsung AR Emoji and how to use it. We hope that you found this guide helpful and understood the basics of Samsung AR Emojis. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.