You say “OK Google” or “Hey Google” and pose any question to your Android device, and like a genie of the magical lamp, Android’s Google Assistant appears from the device itself to help you with it.
So this way Google Assistant works as a virtual helper that allows you to get your queries resolved much faster. Its importance arises while your performing tasks manually by tapping your finger on the screen a million times, but instead if you can get the job done by using voice commands. As long as you have Android 6 or 7, you are eligible for Google Assistant. There is no particular version number you need. Google Assistant is smart and very well integrated with Android device.
To download click on the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googleassistant&hl=en&gl=US
Features of Google Assistant
Google Assistant can be your most handy companion as it has the ability to perform the following only on your Voice command.
- It can manage your schedule and remind you of daily routine tasks.
- It has the Ability to control smart home devices.
- It can find music based on any genre required, play your favorite songs, playlists, podcasts, and music videos, or
- It can find the perfect tunes for activities like cooking, studying, or working out. You can also skip songs and adjust the volume.
- It can make calls, send text messages, and draft emails to your contacts, with just your voice.
- It can quickly find answers about businesses, restaurants, and attractions, including business hours, traffic info, as its has the ability to sync with any other Google application such as Google Maps.
- It makes it easy to take notes, set timers, add items to your shopping list, and set alarms.
- It can get real-time weather forecasts and updates and find how-to videos, check sports scores, search the web, or get language translations when you’re abroad.
Follow droidguides to further read:
Google Assistant has a hands-free feature too, this means it can be used without unlocking your phone that makes it even better. Even if your phone is in your pocket, so long as the microphone can hear you speaking to it, you’ll be able to do all of the things mentioned above, without even touching your phone.
Pre-requisites while enabling you to use Google Assistant even when your phone is locked, Voice Match setup need to be followed.
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top right, tap your account.
- Tap Assistant settings Voice match Add devices.
- Make sure any devices you want to link your voice to be checked.
- Tap Next and I agree.
- Follow the in-app steps.
After the voice setup settings are updated, you can enable your Assistant without unlocking your phone by following these steps given below
- On your phone, open the Google app or activate Google Assistant by saying “OK, Google or by swiping in from the lower right or left corner.
- Now, tap on the menu the icon that looks like a box with three lines coming from the top.
- Tap on your picture in the upper right corner.
- Look for the option called Personalization in the Popular Settings section.
- If Personal Results isn’t toggled on, enable it.
- Beneath that option is lock screen personal results. Enable this option too.
With these settings enabled, you’ll now be able to do just about everything else you can do with your phone.
That’s all there is to it. Now, when you ask Google Assistant about calendar events, reminders, shopping lists, or send text messages hands-free, you won’t have to unlock the screen first.