Finally, after a long wait, Galaxy On5 Pro SM-G550FY got updated to Android 7.0 Nougat firmware via build number G550FYXXU1CQL6 in India. Samsung has announced the most awaited official update which is based on latest Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy On5 Pro via OTA. This latest official update comes with several new features like bundled notifications, Data saver, Quick settings, new Settings app, TouchWiz UX, Vulcan API, enhanced notifications shade, multi-window support and a variety of performance modes, Quick settings buttons, enhanced doze implementation and much more. Today, we are sharing a guide that how to Update Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro To XXU1CQL6 Android 7.0 Nougat.
The latest OTA update weighs is about 1.20GB in size and brings latest security patch which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. Samsung rolling out this official update via OTA (Over-the-Air) in a phase-wise manner, so not all users can get the update at the same time. If Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update yet not reach in your region and you can’t receive any notification then still you can install it manually by using Odin app.
By following this simple step by step guide you can easily update your Galaxy On5 Pro SM-G550FY to Android 7.0 Nougat official update. The Galaxy On5 Pro came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and now your device upgraded to latest Android 7.0 Nougat official update. The Android 7.0 Nougat comes with all Nougat features, customization, and improvements also including the feature from Samsung’s own. Not necessary but it is better to take the full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested installing Android 7.0 Nougat official update on your own Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro SM-G550FY then go ahead and follow the given steps.
G550FYXXU1CQL6 ANDROID 7.0 FIRMWARE DETAILS:
|Model name||Galaxy On5 Pro|
|Security Patch Level||01.08.2017|
This guide containing the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy On5 Pro. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM-C900Y.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro during or after the installation of Android 7.0 Nougat Proceed at your risk.
Steps to Flash G550FYXXU1CQL6 Android 7.0 Update on Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy On5 Pro, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy On5 Pro USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy On5 Pro by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the Galaxy On5 Pro will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy On5 Pro, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download the Android 7.0 C900YZTU1BQL2 archive update from here
Once the installation process is successfully finished, the Galaxy Note 8 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro to Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware update.