Update Nexus 6 to Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop Pre-Rooted ROM: Android 5.1 Lollipop has been officially released by Google recently. This latest Android OS version brings some awesome features like device protection, multiple SIM cards support and HD voice calling on compatible Android devices. Android 5.1 offers enhanced performance and more stability to the latest Android smartphones and tablets. Additionally, this new update has the ability to join Wi-Fi networks as well as control of paired Bluetooth devices directly from Quick Settings. Nexus devices like Nexus 6 can be updated now to Android 5.1 Lollipop with build LMY47D. This ROM has been tested by many users and found it much smooth and fast.
Do note that you will lose root access on your Nexus device after installation of this official build but if you are already enjoying a rooted device and don’t want to lose the root access then I am sure that you’ll be looking for the pre-rooted stock Android 5.1 version for your Nexus 6. Thanks to scrosler (XDA developer) for providing the stock Android 5.1 LMY47D rooted ROM and for sharing the download links for the radio and bootloader files. You can install these files using TWRP recovery. This rooted ROM is based on the official Google image with no additional mods and features.
If you are interested to get this latest Android 5.1 Lollipop with build number LMY47D pre-rooted ROM that has no extra mods and features then follow the given step-by-step guide to tasting this latest Lollipop on your Nexus 6. Go ahead first check out the changelog for the pre-rooted Android 5.1 stock ROM.
Features (Android 5.1 Lollipop Pre-Rooted ROM)
- Powered by SuperSU by Chainfire
- Busybox with init.d support
- No added features or mods
- Persistent ADB
- Decrypted boot.img
- Stock Rooted, Busybox and init.d support already built
- This is based 100% on the stock Google image
- You can get the radio and bootloader from here
This guide containing the pre-rooted Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM is only working with Nexus 6 (Shamu). Do not try to install this ROM on any other device or incorrect variant. You can check the model number of your device by going to Settings > About Phone > Model Number.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage during or after the installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop Pre-Rooted ROM on your Nexus 6. Proceed at your own risk.
- It is highly recommended to take a proper backup of all your important data as well as settings before proceeding to the installation guide via any custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- Download and install the correct Nexus 6 USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Nexus 6 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- The Nexus 6 should be rooted with the latest version of TWRP recovery installed.
- The battery level of the Nexus 6 should be at least up to 80% charged before going ahead to the ROM installation instructions.
- The bootloader of Nexus 6 should be unlocked.
Steps to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Pre-Rooted ROM (Build LMY47D) on Nexus 6
Follow the given instructions to install the Pre-Rooted Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM on Nexus 6:
1:- First, download the Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D Pre-Rooted ROM from the above links on the desktop of your PC. Do not extract these files.
2:- Now, connect your Nexus 6 to the PC using its USB data cable.
3:- Move the Android 5.1 Lollipop Pre-Rooted ROM to the root folder of SD card on your phone.
4:- Now, disconnect the device from the PC and turn it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Press the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time.
- Now, release the Power key once the Google logo displays but keep holding the Volume Down key.
- Your Nexus 6 will be in Bootloader Mode.
- Next, press Volume Down key twice.
- You’ll see the Recovery option.
- Press Power key to reboot into Recovery Mode
6:- Go back to the main recovery menu and perform a full data wipe. This includes Dalvik cache, Cache, System, Factory data reset.
7:- Go back the main Recovery menu and choose to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
8:- Find the rooted Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM that you’ve already transferred to the root folder of your SD Card in Step No 3. Select the Lollipop ROM file and proceed with the installation process.
10:- After the installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop Pre-Rooted ROM, select reboot system now to reboot the Nexus 6.
It will take about 5 minutes to boots up for the first time after installing ROM on your phone.
Done! You’ve successfully installed the stock Android 5.1 LMY47D build on your Nexus 6.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query while updating your Nexus 6 to this Pre-Rooted 5.1 Android Lollipop ROM.