The official Android 5.1 Lollipop update has been rolled-out by Motorola yesterday for the Moto X second generation smartphone (XT1092). If you have Moto X then you might received the OTA update on your phone but if you have missed the OTA notification or have not yet received the update in your area because the official builds are releasing gradually all over the world. So if you can’t wait then don’t worry, you can now install this Android 5.1 OTA on the Moto X manually as well.
Bearing the software version to 23.16.1 and build LPE23.32-25.1, this Android 5.1 update comes with better control over notifications and device protection, that will help you to keep the phone locked even if it is stolen. Please note that the update is compatible with retfr, reteu, retde and retain variants. You’ll be required to have a stock recovery and stock system installed on your Moto X.
If you want to get Android 5.1 OTA build LPE23.32-25.1 manually on your Moto X (2014) XT1092 then follow the given guide. Thanks to grubber24 (XDA forum member) for sharing a few screenshots of the stock firmware update.
Check out some of the highlighted features added:
- OEM unlock in Developer Options
- Unpinning of screen requires secured PIN used to unlock the phone
- Chop to turn on flashlight
- New settings for sounds and notifications
- Kernel version 3.4.42, Date Friday May 8 14:38:50 CDT 2015
- System version: 23.16.1.victara_reteu.reteuall.en.EU
- Build number: LPE23.32-25.1
- Official OTA
- no root
The Android 5.1 OTA and instructions given in this guide are only working with the above mentioned variants of Moto X 2014. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device first.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage or mishap occurred to the Moto X 2014 during or after the installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop official OTA build. Proceed at your own risk.
- Take a proper backup of all your existing data and settings before proceeding to the ROM installation guide.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for the Moto X 2014 on the PC.
- Your device should be unrooted.
- The Moto X must have a stock recovery installed.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device should be charged at least about 80%.
- Download Blur_Version.22.121.1.victara_reteu.reteuall.en.EU.zip
Steps to Update Moto X (2nd Gen) XT1092 to Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA:
Step No 1:= First, connect your Moto X to the computer via its USB data cable.
2:- Next, transfer the firmware file that you have already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of internal storage on the phone.
3:- After transferring the Android 5.1 OTA file, disconnect the device from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot it into Recovery Mode. Power ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume and Power keys at the same time until you see something on the screen, this is bootloader mode.
4:-Using the Volume Down button, scroll down to Recovery and choose it using Volume Up and reboot the Moto X into recovery mode
5:- In recovery mode, select install update from sdcard.
6:- Navigate to the location where you have placed the OTA firmware file on the SD Card of your phone. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation to proceed.
7:- Go back to the main recovery menu once the installation is completed and select reboot system now.
Done! You’ve successfully installed the Android 5.1 official OTA build LPE23.32-25.1 on Moto X (2nd Gen).