You can now update Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Build N915GXXU1BOB7. Galaxy Note Edge is the curved Edge screen variant of Note 4, Samsung released Android 5.0.1 Lollipop upgrade for Galaxy Note Edge model number SM-N915G for Australian users and is now available via OTA (1018.12MB). This OTA update is based on the Android Lollipop 5.0.1 with build number N915GXXU1BOB7. So being a Galaxy Note Edge owner you can now update your device by navigating to Settings > About phone > Software update to check its availability.
If you are an Australian user then you might receive this update via notification area but if you are from any other region then its also easy to update your Galaxy Note Edge to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop N915GXXU1BOB7 manually to get new Android features and improvements like:
- Heads-up Notifications
- New Notification System
- New Multitasking Users Interface
- Multiple User Accounts
- Guest User Mode
- Android Smart Lock
Now, if you are ready to get this OTA update on your Note Edge manually then follow the given step-by-step guide that how to install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop with build number N915GXXU1BOB7 OTA update on your Galaxy Note Edge. Additionally, the Mute or Silent Mode has been also added in this Lollipop firmware for Note Edge. You can easily find the Mute mode under notifications as a quick setting toggle.
- Model: SM-N915G
- Model name: Galaxy Note Edge
- Country: Australia
- Version: Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Changelist: 4144270
- Build date: 13 February
- Product code: XSA
- PDA: N915GXXU1BOB7
- CSC: N915GXSA1BOB7
- MODEM: N915GXXU1BOB7
This tutorial containing the official Android Lollipop build N915GXXU1BOB7 download link is working with Galaxy Note Edge model number SM-N915G only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other or different variant, as a result, the device might get bricked.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage or mishap occurred into your Galaxy Note Edge during or after the installation of Android 5.0.1 build N915GXXU1BOB7. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all your important data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide on your Galaxy Note Edge using a recommended custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- Verify that you have properly installed Galaxy Note Edge USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device by navigating to Settings > Developer Options, from there you can verify the USB Debugging option.
- The Galaxy Note Edge should be unlocked.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- After installing the stock update, the custom ROM will be lost and it will replace custom recovery with a stock version.
- After the installation of this official firmware, your Galaxy Note Edge will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your Note, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Install Stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Build N915GXXU1BOB7 Firmware on Galaxy Note Edge (SM-N915G):
Follow the given instructions to install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop stock firmware on Galaxy Note Edge:
1:- First, download the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop N915GXXU1BOB7 firmware and Odin tool .zip files on the desktop of your PC.
2:- Now unzip Lollipop firmware XSA-N915GXXU1BOB7-20150217160740.zip file with few other optional files.
3:- Also, extract the Odin tool .zip file to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe.
4:- Next, turn OFF your Galaxy Note Edge in order to boot it into Download Mode.
5:- Put your device into Download Mode. To do so, turn it ON by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons altogether for a few seconds.
6:- Run Odin tool on your computer (As Administrator).
7:- While the Galaxy Note Edge is in Download Mode, plug it with the PC via USB data cable. Odin will detect the device in a while. The ID: COM port will turn light blue with COM port number in Odin, once the phone is connected successfully.
8:- In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the extracted firmware file and select it.
9:- Remember to check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and Re-Partition option must be unchecked in Odin.
10:- Finally, click on the Start button to begin the installation process on your Galaxy Note Edge to update it to Stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. This flashing process will take some time, so be patient till the process is successfully completed.
10:- After the installation is successfully completed, the device will be rebooted automatically.
12:- Now, disconnect your phone after displaying the home screen.
That’s All! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy Note Edge with the stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware manually.
Don’t hesitate to tell us in the comments section below if you have any query or trouble while updating your Galaxy Note Edge to the 5.0.1 Lollipop Android OS.