Here is a detailed guided on how to unbrick the Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro. The Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro have been recently added to the Google Pixel lineup. These devices come out of the box with stable Android 13 which allows much customization.
Google Pixel devices are full of exciting features and are favored by many Android enthusiasts for custom development. This includes installing custom ROMs, flashing kernels, overclocking your CPU, or gaining administrative access by rooting a device.
As Android is an open-source operating system, it allows for a lot of customization. But Android customization carries a lot of risks. If these customizations are not carried out properly, your phone could end up in a bootloop or it can get bricked.
If you are in a similar situation yourself, then do not worry. In this guide here, we will be showing you how to unbrick the Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro easily using the Fastboot method.
How to Unbrick the Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro Using Fastboot
Follow the detailed step-by-step guide provided below to unbrick the Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro using fastboot.
Note: Make sure that you follow the steps properly to avoid any damage to your device. AndroidBlog will not be responsible for any damage to your phone.
Step 1: Backup Your Device
In order to keep your important data safe, you must take a backup of your Pixel phone. You can even take a backup of your phone when it is in a bricked state or stuck in a bootloop. In order to do so, you need to boot into TWRP recovery and use the backup option to take a backup.
Step 2: Install Android SDK Platform Tools
It is also important that you download the Android SDK Platform Tools on your computer and extract the file to a convenient location on your PC. It is important as it contains the required fastboot tools. This will create the platform-tools folder which will be used in the later steps.
Step 3: Download Firmware File
Once you are done with the above two steps, you are required to download the stock firmware files for your Google Pixel device on your computer. You can download the factory image for your device from the links provided below:
After the file is downloaded, extract it into the platform-tools folder.
Step 4: Boot Into Fastboot Mode
You will need to boot your phone into the fastboot mode in order to unbrick the Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro using fastboot commands. In most cases, a soft-bricked Android device automatically boots into the fastboot mode. But if your Google Pixel does not boot into the fastboot mode, you will have to wait until its battery runs out.
Once the phone is completely dead, plug in a charger and immediately press and hold the power button and the volume down button together to boot into the fastboot mode.
Step 5: Flash Firmware Using Fastboot Commands
Once you have booted your device into the Fastboot mode, follow the steps given below to flash the stock firmware on your device:
- Extract the downloaded firmware inside the platform-tools folder if you haven’t already.
- To make the process easier for yourself, rename the bootloader file, the radio file, and the image file to the names mentioned below:
- Rename bootloader-[device_codename]-codename-x.x.xyz.img to bootloader.img.
- Rename image-[device_codename]-xyz.xyzxyz.xyz.xyz.zip to image.zip.
- Rename radio-[device_codename]-xyz-xyz-xxyz-x-xyz to radio.img.
- Now connect your Google Pixel 7 or 7 Pro to your computer using a USB cable. Your phone should be booted into fastboot mode.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder. In the address bar, type cmd and press Enter. This will launch the command prompt.
- Now type in the following command and press enter to flash the bootloader file:
- fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
- Boot your device back into fastboot mode by entering the following command:
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- After that, run the command below to flash the radio file:
- fastboot flash radio radio.img
- Now you will have to reboot into fastboot mode again using the same command:
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- Once done, key in the command below to flash all other partition files present inside the image.zip file:
- fastboot update image.zip
- Finally, you can reboot your Google Pixel 7 or 7 Pro back into the system by using the command below:
- fastboot reboot
So that was it from our side on how to unbrick the Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro using the fastboot method. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.