Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 7X: Honor 7X devices are the latest flagships from Huawei which recently hit the market in 2017 December was powered by HiSilicon Kirin 659 chipset, Octa-core (4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 Cortex-A53) CPU combined with Mali-T830 MP2 GPU with 2 Gigs of RAM, 16/32 GB of storage options and a 16 MP rear camera. It comes Android 7.0 Nougat bean out of the box with 3340mAh battery. Considering the device is launched in 2017, it will receive the Android Oreo update. But this is obviously not a full specification sheet but this is enough to prove that this device is indeed a flagship with cheaper price.
The TeamWin Recovery project or we can simply call it as TWRP Recovery software, which allows us to install Custom ROMs, MODs on Android device. Most of the people prefer TWRP recovery just because of the touch-based user interface which helps the user to easily install Custom ROMs, MODs. Earlier TWRP Recovery used to support only Google Nexus devices, but now it is available for wide range of Android devices. TWRP Recovery supports various customizations such as gaining root access on Android, making a Nandroid backup, removing bloatware, installing a custom kernel, etc.
This whole process is simple and easy which can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already stated that the most preferred uses of the TWRP recovery is that you can root or flash custom ROMs on your device. Now follow the below step by step guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 7X Lite.
- This guide only for Honor 7X.
- Unlock Bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 7X
- Maintain more than 50% – 60% battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Download and Install ADB fastboot drivers
Credits: letschky | Development Page: XDA
Latest Magisk ZIP | Magisk APK
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 7X
Install TWRP Recovery
- First Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Now, download TWRP recovery img for Honor 7X.
- Rename the downloaded img file to “TWRP” and transfer the file to your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on Android Smartphones
- Go to the ADB folder in your PC and then press “Shift key + Right mouse key” and click on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your Honor 7X to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Open the ADB folder and launch the Command prompt window there. (shift + right click anywhere empty space within that folder and click on open command prompt here).
- Power off your device and boot your device into fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold Volume up + Power at the same time to boot into fastboot mode.OR You can execute the following command to boot into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now connect your device to your PC via USB cable and execute the following command. (This command will confirm that your device is connected to PC)
- If your device is successfully connected, execute the following command to flash TWRP Recovery.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
To Bypass your device encryption, you have to format user data.
fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your Honor 7X. You can verify it by long press “Volume down + power” buttons to boot into recovery mode.
Root Honor 7X via TWRP Recovery
- Download SuperSU or Magisk Zip and transfer file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power “ buttons to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Go to TWRP main menu, Click on the Wipe and swipe to factory reset.
- Navigate to the main menu in TWRP, click on install and select the SuperSU or Magisk zip file
- Once you have selected the Magisk or SuperSU zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- After the installation process is completed, check the Wipe cache/Dalvik option, click on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now reboot your device from the main menu.
Hope you have successfully installed TWRP recovery and Root Honor 7X.