Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Oreo Beta 2 update available for Snapdragon variants. In general, according to Android OS, the developers will work regularly on updating the old operating system into a new one by including some extraordinary features.
On that basis, at present all the devices are launching with Nougat OS and on the other side, the developers update nougat into Oreo as the next Android OS update. The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Oreo Beta 2 update is available for Snapdragon variants. So by installing Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Oreo Beta 2 update on any type of Snapdragon variants, users can experience the more advanced features to date.
Procedure for installing Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Oreo Beta 2 update on any type of Snapdragon variants:
At first, you must be clear that, in order to install the official Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Oreo Beta 2 update on any type of Snapdragon variants, you are required to be on G5950USQU1AGL and G5955USQU1AGL firmware build stock number. Users can able to download the official update of OTA from the official website and can flash it through stock recovery method or ADB sideload method.
There is also another important thing you must be aware of that if you are using the device which is already in Oreo Beta 1 version means then the device must be rollbacked to the previous operating system nougat. Since one could not able to install the Samsung Galaxy S8+ Oreo Beta 2 update on any type of Snapdragon variants by being in the Oreo Beta 1. Get the update of AQGL via flashing the full stock firmware back to the Nougat operating system.
As you can flash the update through stock recovery method or ADB sideload method it is noted that, in order to the fine working of stock recovery install, one has to follow the ADB sideload method. Here you can find those methods:
- The users must make sure, that the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+device is perfectly fitted for the update, if not follow the above details and prepare your device for the update
- Download and Install your Samsung USB DriversDownload Samsung USB Drivers. With an intention to assist your computer in recognizing your Samsung device, you will need to install the compatible drivers according to your device model.
- In order to precede the operation, you have to enable the USB debugging from developer options found in settings of your device.
- The users have to setup fastboot and ADB on Windows or Linux or Chrome or Mac OS with the help of 15 second ADB installer.
Oreo Beta 2 ROM downloads:
AT&T Galaxy S8+ SM-G955U – Download G955USQU1AQGL-to-U1ZQK1 (OTA update)
AT&T Galaxy S8 SM-G950U – Download G950USQU1AQGL-to-U1ZQK1 | G950USQU1AQGL-to-U1ZQJJ
- Galaxy S8: G950USQU1AQGL Baseband (XAS – don’t use the old BST)
- Galaxy S8+: G955USQU1AQGL Baseband
Installation of OTA through ADB sideload technique:
- At first download the file of Oreo Beta 2 OTA file. Then transfer those files to PC.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM UnlockEnable USB Debugging and (If applicable) Enable OEM unlock:
- Go to Settings » About phone –» and tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Under Developer options, look for Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock checkbox/toggle and enable it.
- Connect your Phone to PcOnce you have connected your phone to the PC.
- Power off your device and boot your device into fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold Volume up + Power at the same time to boot into fastboot mode.ORYou can execute the following command to boot into fastboot mode.
adb reboot recovery
- Open the ADB folder and launch the Command prompt window there. (shift + right click anywhere empty space within that folder and click on open command prompt here).
- Now connect your device to your PC via USB cable and execute the following command. (This command will confirm that your device is connected to PC)
- If your device is successfully connected, execute the following command to flash OTA
adb sideload <filename>.zip
- Finally, the update process completed
Done!!! you have successfully updated your device.