In this guide we will show you how to root Realme 9i RMX3511 using Magisk without TWRP recovery. The Realme 9i was released as the successor to the Realme 8i and was released in the January of 2022.
The device came out of the box with Android 11 and it came equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 chipset along with support for 33W fast charging. The Realme 9i features a triple camera setup at the rear with a 50MP primary sensor along with a 2MP portrait camera and 2MP macro camera.
Rooting using Magisk is regarded as one of the most convenient method of rooting an Android device. In order to root Realme 9i RMX3511, we will be using Magisk. Magisk will help us patch the stock boot image and we will be flashing it to the device’s boot partition.
Why is Magisk preferred? Well, unlike other rooting methods it lets users root their device in a system-less root process. This means that the system partitions of the device will not be meddled with while root access is enabled.
Further, Magisk also provides more convenience as it can be concealed from security measures so that apps like SafetyNet and banking applications can work properly on the device.
Root Realme 9i RMX3511 Using Magisk
Here we will share all of the steps that are required to root Realme 9i RMX3511. But before you proceed with the steps provided, keep in mind that rooting your device can lead to it’s manufacturer’s warranty becoming void and rooting will also block off any future OTA firmware updates that your device receives. Also, check out the pre-requisites below before you proceed.
- You need to have the bootloader of Realme 9i unlocked.
- Make sure that your phone is charged up to at least 60%.
- Take a backup of your device so that you do not end up losing important data.
- You will need a computer and a USB cable to connect your device to your computer.
- Keep in mind that these steps are applicable for Realme 9i only.
- You also need to download the files given below on your computer:
1. Patch Boot image using Magisk
- First of all, you will have to download and extract the OZIP firmware from the firmware flash file that you downloaded from above on to your computer.
- Then connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Now copy the boot.img file that you extracted and place it in your device’s internal storage.
- After that, you need to start up the Magisk Manager app. You will get a pop up asking you to install Magisk. Select Install and then select Install again.
- Now select “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Proceed to your phone’s internal storage and then select your phone’s boot image that you placed in your device’s internal storage earlier.
- Magisk will start patching the boot image in a couple of seconds.
- After the patching of the boot image is completed, you are required to copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage to the same folder on your PC where you extracted the firmware file, replacing the original boot image.
2. Flash the Patched Boot Image on Realme 9i
Follow the steps given below to install the patched boot image on Realme 9i:
- After you have downloaded the ADB and Fastboot tool, extract the tool and keep it in the same folder as the patched boot image file.
- Open the command window / PowerShell by pressing and holding the Shift key and right mouse button together.
- Now flash the “patched_boot.img” through Magisk and toot your Android device by entering the following command:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- If you are using a device with an A/B partition system, you will have to enter the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
You will need to replace [patched_boot.img] in the commands with the name of the boot image file you downloaded, followed by the .img extension.
- Now wait while the flashing process takes place.
- Once it’s done, reboot your device by typing in the following command:
- And you are done!
Verify the Systemless Root
You can verify if the systemless root was successful or not by following the given steps:
- Open up the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- You can verify the systemless root on your device by checking the status screen. If your device has been rooted properly, you will see that all of the options are green ticked. This means that your device has bypassed Google SafetyNet.
So that was it from our side on how to root Realme 9i RMX3511 using Magisk without TWRP. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.