We have some good news for the users of Itel S15. Now you can root Itel S15 smartphone with Magisk. The Itel recently released its low specification smartphone, which is Itel S15. The device comes with a 6.1-inches IPS LCD display, 1440 X 720 pixels (282 PPI). The Itel S15 is powered by Quad-core Spreadtrum Unisoc SC7731E Processor, Mali T820 MP1 GPU along with 1 GB of RAM, and 16 GB of internal storage. The device is packed with a dual camera in the rear which is 8MP + 8MP cameras and 16MP front camera for selfie. Itel S15 is running on Android 9.0 Pie OS out of the box.
If you are the owner of this phone and wish to customize your device, then you are in the right place. You can now root Itel S15 with Magisk without installing TWRP custom recovery. We know that Android is an open-source OS that is easily customized. Nowadays, most of the Android users are customizing their devices and get the full potential from Android phones. Rooting the Android phone means you will open the door of customizations. After rooting, you will be able to hibernate background running tasks, improve battery life, installing rooted apps, installing custom modules, lock screen or status bar changes and, much more.
By following our given below step by step guide, you can easily root Itel S15 with Magisk. Magisk is one of the most popular and used rooting tools in the Android community. Magisk root your device system-less without affecting the system core-files. Keep in mind that rooting the phone may void your phone’s warranty. If this is your first time, then no need to worry about that, just follow the given instructions carefully. If you wish to root Itel S15 with Magisk without installing TWRP custom recovery, then go to the instructions portion.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any damage that occurred to your Itel S15 during or after the installation of TWRP custom recovery. Please keep in mind that replacing the stock recovery with TWRP recovery isn’t an official process so that you will lose the warranty of your Itel S15.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos and audio files on Itel S15 before starting the flashing process. It is recommended to keep everything safe and secured by syncing your files with your account.
- A Windows-based PC will be required for this process to install the Itel S15 USB drivers and the Android SDK toolkit.
- Install ADB and Fastboot to your personal computer
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked, otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the TWRP.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- The battery level of your Itel S15 smartphone should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
- Download latest Itel S15 Stock ROM File
- SuperSU Package
- Latest Magisk Manger
- Download SPD Flash Tool
Steps To Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk:
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Steps to the Patched Boot Image on Itel S15 And Root Itel S15:
- First, download ADB and fastboot tool on your PC and extract it.
- Now you must move the patched boot image to the same folder.
- Hold the Shift key and click on the right mouse button to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Run the following command in the open command prompt.
- Flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands: fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Now replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
Done! You have successfully root Itel S15 without TWRP recovery.