Root Huawei Honor View 10 On Android Oreo Using Magisk: Magisk is the popular systemless root manager, which is now available for the Honor View 10 variant. Now you can root Honor View 10 on Android Oreo using Magisk. If you are the owner of this fantastic smartphone then you have the chance to dig deep into software customizations. In this detailed guide, we will learn how to root Honor View 10 on Android Oreo using Magisk. so being an advanced Android user, you want to customize and optimize of your device and take the full flash of your Honor View 10 then you must root your phone.All thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer topjohnwu has just announced the availability of Magisk for Honor View 10. Because before that, Magisk has never been available for any Huawei or Honor devices.
The good thing is that, users can now root Honor View 10 without flashing a custom recovery like TWRP. Carefully by following this simple step by step guide, in order to patch the ramdisk and then flash the modified ramdisk. Once patched, you can easily flash the modified ramdisk image and enjoy root. The Honor View 10 was launched back in December 2017 and this is the first device which comes with Android Oreo and Emotion UI 8.0, which makes the best combination with the inbuilt processor for the ultimate software experience. The smartphone is powered by Kirin 970 processor. The Honor View 10 comes with 5.99-inches display along with 6GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage. Also, the device offers a fantastic camera experience with a 20MP + 16MP dual-lens and ultra-wide aperture.
We are highly recommend to take the full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in root Honor View 10 on Android Oreo using Magisk then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- The bootloader of Huawei Honor View 10 should be unlocked as the unlocked bootloader is the first step to make when trying to get rid of pre-loaded factory restrictions.
- A custom recovery image like TWRP must be installed on your phone in order to flash the SuperSU root exploit.
- The battery level of Honor View 10 should be at least 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
- A Windows-based PC to download the SuperSU root exploit.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – > Settings. Check the USB Debugging field, if unchecked.
- Note: If the Developer Options are not available then go to Menu – > Settings – > About Phone and tap repeatedly on Built Number. After tapping for 7 or 10 times you will receive the ‘you are a developer’ message.
Check Popular Posts:
- How To Root Honor V10 Without Erasing Data
- December security patch rolling out for Essential Phone – Download NMJ51B OTA update
- Download/Install Android Oreo 8.1 (AICP 13.1) on LeEco Le Pro3
- Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5 on Android Oreo 8.0 [OxygenOS 5.0]
- Flash Xposed Framework for Android Oreo 8.0 and 8.1 Update
- Install Substratum Theme Engine on Android Devices without Root
- Unlocking the Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 4 2017
- How To Update Huawei Honor 6X To Android 7.0 Nougat B371 Official Firmware
Patch Stock Ramdisk using Magisk Manager:
Step 1: The first step to root Honor View 10 is to patch the stock ramdisk using Magisk.
Step 2: Download the stock ramdisk (BKL-L09_ramdisk.img) for Honor V10 (BKL-L09).
Step 3: Open Magisk Manager on your device and tap on the menu icon on the top-left.
Step 4: Go to “Settings”.
Step 5: Tap on “Update Channel” and select “Custom”.
Step 6: Input the following URL in the provided field:
Step 7: Go back to the main screen. The app will automatically prompt you to install Magisk-v15.4(1541).
Step 8: Tap on the “Install” button and select “Patch Boot Image File”.
Step 9: Navigate to the storage and select the ramdisk file (BKL-L09_ramdisk.img).
Step 10: Magisk Manager will automatically patch the image and the “patched_boot.img” can be located in /sdcard/MagiskManager/.
How to Root Honor View 10 on Android Oreo Using Fastboot:
Step 1: Copy the patched ramdisk to C:\adb. This is where the ADB and Fastboot binaries are present.
Step 2: Hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside this folder.
Step 3: Select “Open PowerShell window here”.
Step 4: Boot Honor V10 into Fastboot mode by holding the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously.
Step 5: Connect your device to the PC.
Step 6: Finally, enter the following command to root Honor View 10:
fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img
Step 7: When the flashing process is complete, reboot your device using:
Done! You have successfully root Honor View 10 on Android Oreo using Magisk.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or query regarding the above given rooting guide.