In this guide we will be talking about the OxygenOS 12 open beta for OnePlus Nord. The OnePlus flagship OnePlus 9 series and OnePlus 8 series have now been updated to Android 12. Now the OnePlus company has started to update it’s devices belonging to the mid budget range.
Recently, the OnePlus smartphone company publicly released the OxygenOS 12 open beta for OnePlus Nord based on Android 12.
OxygenOS 12 open beta for OnePlus Nord
Sourced from recent announcements on the OnePlus community forums, OnePlus has now released OxygenOS 12 open beta for OnePlus Nord. It is the first beta release for OnePlus Nord and is based on Android 12.
This will allow some of the users to try out the software and get a taste before it’s stable release.
The beta build will be bringing with itself all of the Android 12 goodies, including Privacy dashboard, newer widgets and indicators for usage of camera and microphone by apps and services.
Apart from the features from Android 12, the build also has features added and introduced by OnePlus itself. These include a new “burdenless design” created around the idea of light and shadow, smart battery engine, new Always on display, new features in Gallery and more.
Provided below, is the entire changelog for the OxygenOS 12 open beta for OnePlus Nord based on Android 12:
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] new additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- WorkLife Balance
- [Added] WorkLife Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Supported] automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Supported] switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- [Added] new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time]
As this is the first beta version for the device, some issues and bugs were expected. Most of these issues will hopefully be fixed in the future. Some of these known issues are mentioned below:
- Users have faced an issue where they are unable to search for, delete or download pictures while using cloud.
- The bottom left button of the virtual keyboard sometimes disappears and does not function.
- The Personal Safe service does not work properly.
- The Anti-shake effect in the Snapchat application does not work properly.
- When pictures are previewed, screen flickering is sometimes encountered.
Download OxygenOS 12 open beta for OnePlus Nord | OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12
If you also want to download the OxygenOS 12 open beta, then you can grab the build from the link provided to you below. After you have downloaded the beta build, follow the steps given in order to flash the beta build:
- Transfer the package to the root directory of the internal storage of your device.
- Then open the Settings application on your device.
- Scroll down to System > System Updates > Local Upgrade.
- From there, select the package that you downloaded in order to start the installation.
According to OnePlus, your device data will remain safe if you use this method to install the OxygenOS 12 open beta for OnePlus Nord, but to be on the safe side, you should take a backup of your device data as well.
And if you want to go back to a stable OxygenOS build, you will need to download and flash the rollback package provided below. But keep in mind that reverting to the previous software will erase your device data.
Download: OxygenOS 12 Open Beta For OnePlus Nord | OxygenOS 12 Based on Android 12
Download: Rollback Package
So that was it from our side on OxygenOS 12 open beta for OnePlus Nord. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.