Good news for the OnePlus 6/6T users that the company has started pushing out the stable Oxygen 10 OS for OnePlus 6/6T. This new firmware is based on Android 10 which is now available via OTA. The OnePlus has already released the beta Oxygen 10 OS for both devices and said that the stable version of Android 10 OS is on the way. Follow the instructions on how to download and install the stable Oxygen 10 OS based on Android 10 for OnePlus 6/6T. This latest official stable update brings lots of new features, customizations, and many other improvements.
This new Android 10 update comes with lots of new features such as Brand new UI design, New Game Space feature, Enhanced location permissions for privacy, better gaming experience and much more. Also, the stable Oxygen 10 OS comes with October 2019 security patch, which fixed all the bugs. The stable Oxygen 10 OS official update is rolling out via OTA and currently available in the Europe region. If you have OnePlus 6/6T and have not yet received the official stable update, then check the update manually by navigating to phone’s Settings Menu > System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > select Local Upgrade option.
We are also sharing the official OTA stable update link given below. You can download and install it manually by following our step by step guide. Also, read the Oxygen 10 OS full changelog below. We strongly recommend you keeping updated your Android devices to the latest official stock firmware. If you wish to download and install the stable Oxygen 10 OS based on Android 10 for OnePlus 6/6T, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Stable OxygenOS 10 Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- The brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
This guide containing the rooted and cleaned stable Oxygen OS Android 10 Update can be used for the OnePlus 6/6T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 6/6T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 6/6T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 6/6T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Downloads for OnePlus 6/6T:
- OnePlus 6 Android 10 Stable Full OTA update (Link Update Soon)
- OnePlus 6T Android 10 Stable Full OTA update
How to Install Stable Oxygen OS Android 10 For OnePlus 6/6T Official Firmware:
Step 1:- Download the latest OxygenOS 10 full stock firmware zip file from the above-given link directly on the phone or on your PC (according to your model).
Step 2:- Now, transfer/move the ROM file to the root folder of internal storage on your device.
Step 3:- Navigate to the device’s Settings Menu > System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > select Local Upgrade option.
Step 4:- Choose the Local Upgrade option to open the device storage. Browse for the package file.
Step 5:- Next, tap on the firmware file and select the Install option.
Step 6:- Once the installation process completes, your device will reboot into a new system. Wait for a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to install Oxygen OS Android 10 for OnePlus 6/6T.
If you’ve any queries, feel free to ask in the comments area below.