In this guide, we will be talking about One UI 4 for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9. Noble ROM 2.0 has now made it possible for you to run One UI 4 on Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9. On both of these devices, you can normally run One UI 2.5.
But if you desire to experience the latest Android version on your version on your device in the form of One UI 4 based on Android 12, it may not be possible under normal circumstances as the 2018 flagship devices from the Korean manufacturer will not get the Android 12. But through the efforts of XDA developer AlexisXDA, users can now run One UI 4 for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 using Noble ROM 2.0.
The Noble ROM 2.0 is compatible for the global variant of the Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) equipped with the Exynos 9810, Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965F) and the Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960F).
Along with these devices, the Korean variants of the flagship phones are also supported, these are the devices with their model number ending with an ‘N’. But for the Korean variants, you will have to download a separate build that are exclusive for these devices.
The Galaxy Note 10 Plus provides the base for the Noble ROM 2.0 over which, the developer has added in several features from Android 12. On top of that, the TWRP Flashable Zip also comes with an integrated Aroma installer. This will allow the users to customize different aspects of the installation.
Noble ROM 2.0 Aspects and Features:
Provided below are the various aspects and features of the Noble ROM 2.0:
- February 2022 Android security patches
- All OneUI 4 stuffs have been ported successfully
- Odexed, hardly debloated, and added some tweaks for best performance and better battery
- Added some tweaks in order to have the best smoothness and general performance
- AROMA installer that allows you to select everything you want to have on your phone in order to improve the user experience
- Remappable Bixby Button
- Disabled RMM Lock
- Google Pay working (Hide it with Magisk)
- Secure Folder working
- S22 Wallpapers
- Photo Remaster, Object Eraser, and Extra Dim available
- Protect Battery option and RAM Plus Enabled
- Useful Cards section enabled in Messages Apps
- Improved zoom quality in gallery
- Useful cards tab enabled in messages
- Night mode zoom on camera
- Night mode on hyperlapse
- Enabled Dolby on Game
- Power key in notification panel
- Samsung App Lock
- iOS 15 Emoji’s selectable in AROMA
Download One UI 4 for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 | Noble ROM 2.0
It is worth noting that the port is stable enough to be run as a daily driver on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9, some features such as the iris scanner are not working. It is advised by the developer that users disable HDR settings from the camera so that the camera application works smoothly and does not crash.
But as this is a third party ROM or a custom ROM, users would need to unlock the bootloader on their device in order to install Noble ROM 2.0 on their device and get One UI 4 for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9.
But you should keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader on your device will mean that you won’t be able to use Samsung pay, secure folder or KNOX. If you are okay with that, you should proceed and download and install Noble ROM 2.0 on your phone by following the links provided below:
Download Noble ROM 2.0 based on One UI 4: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus || Samsung Galaxy Note 9
So that was it from our side on One UI 4 for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.