We are glad to report that Samsung One UI 2.0 beta based on Android 10 for Galaxy S9 and S9+ is now live for all users. After releasing the beta and stable updates for its latest flagships, Samsung decided to add the two more devices to the Android 10 family. Recently, both devices Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ started receiving the new software update based on Samsung’s new skin One UI 2.0. The latest update brings some major improvements, new features, and many other customizations. Given below we share the detailed guide on how to upgrade Android 10 for Galaxy S9 and S9+ devices.
Nowadays, Samsung works very hard in releasing the new skin One UI 2.0 beta based on Android 10 for the latest devices. The most recent update brings all the features of Android 10 such as a couple of subtle UI improvements, Spectrum support, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and much more. Also, the One UI 2.0 comes with some fantastic features such as Dark mode to the home screen, changes to the Smart Lock screen, new tools for digital wellness, and some bug fixes and stability. So you can get this beta update by participating in the Samsung Members app.
The new software update is a beta build, but it is stable, and you can use it as a daily driver. We always strongly recommend you keeping updated Android devices to the latest official firmware. After installing Android 10 for Galaxy S9 and S9+ official firmware, you can get the experience of Android’s latest OS on your device. If you wish to download and install the Android 10 for Galaxy S9 and S9+ official firmware, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the One UI 2.0 beta program firmware, and instructions are working with Galaxy S9 and S9+ only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ during or after the installation of One UI 2.0 beta program. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S9 and S9+; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S9 and S9+ USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your S9 and S9+ by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S9 and S9+ are rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
How to Register for OneUI:
- Install the Samsung members app from the given link and install it.
- Open the Samsung members App.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “One UI 2.0 beta program Android 10 on Galaxy S9 and S9+”.
Tap on it to enroll.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download Android 10 One UI 2.0 beta program Firmware:
- Download One UI 2.0 Android 10 Beta For Galaxy S9
- Download One UI 2.0 Android 10 Beta For Galaxy S9+
- Odin3 v3.12.3
How To Install Android 10 For Galaxy S9 and S9+ One UI 2.0 beta Firmware:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy S9 and S9+ on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S9 and S9+ to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S9 and S9+. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install Android 10 on Galaxy S9 and S9+. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.