Now you can download MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3. MTK Droid Tool is an Android tool for rooting, flashing and creating a backup of your stock firmware, for devices that run on MediaTek chipsets. It is a software that has been released by MediaTek.Inc and is very simple and user-friendly as well as easy for any newbie to use it. There is also an option to create scatter file for Mediatek devices and backup or restore device IMEI.
MTK Droid Tool is an application that enables you to make a backup recovery, rooting Android devices and creating scatter file etc on your MediaTek Android devices. It is a powerful tool for all MediaTek Android devices. All you need to have your phone USB driver installed on your PC to use this tool.
MTK Droid Tool is a useful application and it allows you making a connection between Android Smartphone and your PC. After establishing a connection, you can create scatter file for Android Stock ROM, Root Android device, Backup Recovery, Backup Stock Rom, write IMEI Number and other features.
You can find the direct links to download various versions of the MTK Droid Tool. Also, follow the given guide on how you can root your MediaTek device using MTK Droid Tool. Here, we’ll use the 2.5.3 latest version of MTK Droid Tool to root Android devices. Please keep in mind that you can only use MTK Droid Tool MediaTek devices only.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Android phone while rooting through this tool or anyhow can void the warranty of your device. There is a chance of getting your device bricked too. Proceed at your own risk.
We had previously mentioned about the SP Flash tool before in one of our guides. This is a similar tool, but as Sp Flash Tool required to scatter files to flash Firmware. If you don’t have the scatter files for your device MTK Droid Tools solves your problem.
Features of MTK Droid Tool
Check out some of the highlighted features of the MTK Droid Tool.
1. Root Android Phone:
MTK Droid Tools allow rooting your Device in one single Click. Just enable USB debugging on your device and connect your phone to your PC and Click on Root in the Software and you’re done.
MtK Droid Tools has the option to backup your stock firmware and recovery. It also has the option to restore previously backed up files.
3. Create Scatter File
Scatter Files are required on MediaTek devices to flash stock firmware and MTK Droid Tools has the option to create that.
4. Write IMEI
Backing Up and Restoring IMEI number is another added feature of this software. This feature is not only supported for MediaTek devices but certain other chipsets as well.
You May Also Like:
MTK Droid Tools compatible chipsets
- MT6582, MT6592, MT6589T, MT6589T
- MT6577, MT6572, MT6575
- All other modern MTK chipsets
Things to Remember
- Backup all of your data, as flashing custom firmware wipes your entire device.
- You must have USB Drivers for your device preinstalled.
- You can use this tool for MediaTek based smartphones, so please verify your phones chipset before using this software.
- Flashing custom firmware voids your warranty so make sure you learn enough before tweaking your phone.
- This is a Windows-only based software and will not be available for any other OS.
- MTK Droid Tool was developed by MediaTek Inc. All credits go to them.
- Enable USB Debugging Options by navigating to Settings> Developer> Click on USB Debugging option.
Download MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3
How to Root MediaTek Device with MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3?
Follow the given step-by-step guide to root MediaTek device with the MTK Flash Tool.
1. First, download MTK Flash Tool from the above link on your PC.
2. Now connect your MediaTek device with your PC using its USB Data Cable.
3. If you have installed the correct drivers then you will now receive a message saying- “Drivers Successfully installed” at the time of completion of the installation process.
4. Next, run the Tool on your PC as Administrator.
Note: You will have to right click first and then select ‘Run as Administrator’.
5. Click on the Root option (At the bottom of the screen) and click on OK if any window pops up asking permission or receive any notification on your mobile.
6. A progress bar will appear on the screen that will gradually turn Yellow to Green.
7. We strongly recommend taking backup by clicking on the Backup Option and then root it.
8. Once the backup completes successfully, click on – To prepare blocks for flash tool.
9. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions on the display and MDK Droid Tool will start rooting MediaTek device.
These were the easy steps on how to download MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3 as well as old versions and root MediaTek devices. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions regarding MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3