The Android 10 is now live for Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and Note 8 variants. Now you can download and install the Unofficial Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 custom firmware based on Android 10. Samsung is very active in releasing the official Android 10 update for their latest devices. But unfortunately, these devices have not yet received the Android 10 official update.
So the only way to get the experience and enjoy the features of Android 10 is flashing this latest Lineage OS 17 custom ROM. These devices are two-year-old and already got two major updates. So there is no information from the company for releasing the Android 10 official update for one of these devices. Follow our given below step by step guide on how to download and install the Unofficial Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 custom firmware. All thanks to the XDA developer Strict and Lineage OS team for developing and sharing this amazing custom firmware.
After flashing this latest custom firmware, you can enjoy all the features, customizations and much more. Keep in mind that this Lineage OS 17 custom firmware is still in beta form. So you may face some minor bugs such as video recording on the stock camera app is broken, SELinux is in Permissive state, Bluetooth headphone is not working properly and so on. Don’t worry about these bugs as they will be fixed in the next update. In order to install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 custom firmware, your device should have unlocked bootloader and already installed with the latest TWRP custom recovery.
Also while flashing the ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean. Take the full backup of all your phone’s important data before proceeding. If you wish to download and install the Unofficial Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 custom firmware based on Android 10, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss that occurred to your device before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your relevant data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files, etc. In case anything goes wrong, then you will be able to restore your data back.
- How to Backup Important Data on Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for the Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- Download Unofficial LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S8/S8+
- Download Unofficial LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Note 8
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 17 ROMs
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and Note 8 Android 10 Custom ROM:
- First, download the Android 10 Unofficial Lineage OS 17 ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of the sd card on your phone.
- Follow the given guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (3 Methods).
- Now, follow the given guide to install Android 10 Unofficial Lineage OS 17 Custom ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 Custom ROM based on Android 10.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while flashing the Android 10 Unofficial Lineage OS 17 ROM on the Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Note 8.