LG V40 ThinQ users can now enjoy the Android 10 features on their devices. Recently, Lineage OS shared another custom ROM which is based on Android 10 for LG V40 ThinQ. LG might take a while to release the Android 10 official stock firmware for this device.
So if you can’t wait until the Android 10 OS is officially available for LG V40 ThinQ and don’t mind using the custom firmware, then install the latest build of Lineage OS 17. This latest custom firmware is a stable build, and you can use it as a daily driver. Lineage OS is one of the most popular and used custom ROMs in the Android market.
The Lineage OS 17 ROM comes with all the features of Android 10 such as improved performance, improved user interface, system-wide dark mode, Smart reply, Family Link, innovative features, and much more. After installing this amazing custom firmware, you can get the experience of Android 10th generation OS and enjoy all the features of Android 10 on your own device.
To install the Lineage OS 17 custom firmware, your device should have an unlocked bootloader, and the latest TWRP custom recovery must be installed on it. Now proceed to download and install Lineage OS 17 Android 10 for LG V40 ThinQ custom ROM.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Recording
- Video Playback
What’s not working:
- Wifi Hotspot
- Selinux is permissive
Where are the features?
- LineageOS 17.0 is in early development process so don’t complain about xyz features missin or crashing!
This guide containing the Lineage OS 17 Android 10 Custom ROM is working with the LG V40 ThinQ. Do not try to install this ROM on any other device, or your device might get bricked.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any damage that occurred to your LG V40 ThinQ during or after the installation of Lineage OS 17 ROM. Proceed at your risk.
- Make sure that the battery level of your LG V40 ThinQ is at least about 80% before moving to the installation guide.
- Download and install proper USB Drivers for the LG V40 ThinQ on PC.
- It is highly recommended to take a proper backup of your relevant data and settings on the phone using a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on One Plus One from Settings > Developer Options.
Hint: you can enable Developer Options on LG V40 ThinQ by tapping repeatedly, for 7 or 10 times, on Built Number – while tapping on this field you will get the ‘you are a developer’ message.
- Your phone should be rooted in the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked.
- Download Android 10 Lineage OS 17 ROM For LG V40 ThinQ
- Download Lineage Os 17 Google Apps For Android 10
Install Android 10 For LG V40 ThinQ via Lineage OS 17 custom ROM:
Step 1: Download the Lineage OS package based Android 10 build and Google Apps package for your LG V40 ThinQ from the above links on the desktop of your PC.
Step 2: Turn OFF your LG V40 ThinQ to boot into Recovery Mode.
Note: Wait while this shut down process is completed.
Step 3: Now, reboot recovery mode on your LG V40 ThinQ by following the given steps.
- Powering OFF your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key.
- While pressing the Volume Down key press and hold the Power button.
- Keep pressing these keys until the LG Logo is displayed.
- Release the Power button for a moment and then press it again.
- Keep pressing these buttons until the recovery mode is displayed on your LG V40 ThinQ.
Step 4: Once the device is boot into Recovery Mode, initiate a wipe from Recovery Menu by selecting “wipe data factory reset,” “wipe cache partition” and “wipe Dalvik cache.”
Step 5: Reboot your phone into Android mode.
Step 6: Connect your LG V40 ThinQ with your computer using the USB cord.
Step 7: Transfer the downloaded firmware and Google Apps zipped files into the root folder of your SDcard of your phone.
Step 8: Remove the USB data cable and navigate to Recovery Mode again.
Step 9: Tap on Install and load the Android 10 firmware file and swipe to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: Finally, install the Google Apps package by repeating the last step.
Step 11: Once the installation is finished successfully, from recovery, choose ‘reboot system now.’
Done! You have successfully installed the latest Android 10 LineageOS 17 Custom ROM on your LG V40 ThinQ.