Download/Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Redmi 3/3S Prime (Android 8.1 Oreo): Today, we are are going to share a guide on how to install LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM on Redmi 3/3S. This ROM is based on the new Google’s mobile OS, Android 8.1 Oreo. So if you have Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S Prime then we have good news for you that Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM is available for these devices and you can download and install it on your Redmi 3/3S Prime to taste the sweetness of Oreo. So if you have not yet tried to install a custom ROM or not rooted your Redmi 3/3S Prime then here is a good chance. Proceed to update Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S Prime to Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM.
Keep in mind that LineageOS is a custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers but it works and is almost bug-free. You may already know that Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S Prime is based on stock Android that enables us to do customization easily as compared to MIUI on them. Many users have tested this ROM and found it very stable for daily use. So go ahead and follow the given detailed guide to update Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S Prime to Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo.
Let’s have a look on the specification of this entry-level Android phone. Redmi Note 3 sports a 5.0-inch IPS LCD display screen and come with HD resolution of 1280×720 pixels, 16:9 ratio. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 processor, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storag, and a non-removable 4100mAh Li-Ion battery. Redmi 3 Prime comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS out of the box. It has a 13.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, A-GPS, Wi-Fi Hotspot, and much more.
All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP already installed on your Redmi 3/3S Prime to flash the ROM. Here we’ll use TWRP custom recovery to flash the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 and Gapps package. We highly recommend creating a full backup of all your existing and important data before proceeding to the installation guide. As, while installing this Android 8.1 Oreo-based custom ROM, all the data will be wiped clean – like a brand new phone. Below we have mentioned making a full backup for rooted and non-rooted phones.
This latest LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM brings a lot of awesome and new features and is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S Prime only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
Check Popular Posts:
- Update Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile To Android 8.1 via Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM
- How to Factory/Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- Install Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix Nougat on Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite
- How To Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4x (mido)
- Root Google Pixel 2 on Android 8.1 OPM1 Feb 2018 Oreo Factory Image
- Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy C9 Pro (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
Guide How to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Android Devices (Rooted Phones)
- How to Backup Important Data Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Redmi Redmi 3/3S Prime by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S Prime on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Steps to Install Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S Prime
- First, download the ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S Prime to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
- After the transferring completes, boot your device into the Recovery Mode. Here you can find a detailed guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (Various ways).
Now, follow the given guide to install Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S Prime.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while flashing the Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Redmi 3/3S Prime.