Whenever Samsung rolled out the latest updates, all advanced users wish to get them on their smartphones to enjoy the new Android experience. In this guide we are going to let you know that how to update Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V to Stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow manually that brings build number G900VVRU2DPF4. So if you’d like to enjoy the latest features by the Marshmallow update on your Galaxy S5 then go ahead and follow the given guide. This update brings the improved UI elements but also comes with enhanced security and battery life. You will find a redesigned app drawer with a new quick scrolling feature and a search bar to make finding apps faster. Google Now can be enabled by pressing and holding the Home button.
One of the most amazing thing that you’d like to check, Doze and App Standby modes. These modes are used to shut down most background services as well as network connection while the Galaxy S5 is idle. You don’t want an app to have to turn off any app permissions.
|Model name||GALAXY S5|
|Build date||Fri, 17 Jun 2016 23:48:49 +0000|
|Security Patch Level||2016-06-01|
This guide containing the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA firmware is working with the Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device. First check the model number of your phone before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V during or after the installation of official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S5 SM-G900V, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S5 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy S5 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Verizon Galaxy S5 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your phone, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Verizon Galaxy S5:
1:- Download the official Android 6.0.1 G900VVRU2DPF4 Marshmallow firmware on the desktop of your PC.
2:- Once the download is completed, extract the archived contents. Please note that do not further unzip G900VVRU2DPF4 tar.md5 firmware update file.
3:- Power OFF the Verizon Galaxy S5 in order to boot into Download Mode.
4:- Next, press and hold (simultaneously) the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons on your Verizon Galaxy S5.
5:- Launch Odin.exe on your PC.
6:- Connect Verizon Galaxy S5 with the your computer using its USB data cable. Wait for a while for Odin to detect the device. If the drivers are correctly installed then the device will be detected
7:- Now, click on the AP button in Odin.
8:- Browse and load the G900VVRU2DPF4 tar.md5 firmware file in Odin.
9:- In Odin flashing tool, click on START button to initiate the Android 6.0.1 firmware installation process.
Once the firmware installation is completed successfully, the PASS alert will be displayed on Odin and the Verizon Galaxy S5 will reboot. Disconnect the device from the PC.
Galaxy S5 will take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installing Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA firmware update.
You have successfully installed G900VVRU2DPF4 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Verizon Galaxy S5.