How to Install TWRP Recovery on Honor Play: Almost all Android phone users want to get much of their devices. All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device. So if you have Honor Play and want to customize, optimize and personalize your device and ready to apply a few tweaks for bumping speeds and upgrading battery life, then follow the given guide. In this guide, we’ll let you know that how to install TWRP recovery on your Honor Play.
TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project) is a custom recovery image designed which is working on the Android platform. TWRP recovery allows you to have full control over the Android UI without any issues. Also, a custom recovery will replace the stock recovery that runs by default on your Honor Play phone. Therefore, after installing a custom recovery, you can easily gain root access and tweaking to improve general performance on your Honor Play.
TWRP recovery comes with various handy and intuitive options as well as a touch-based interface. So, even beginners can use a custom recovery environment on their Honor Play. If you are on your first tweaking experience you can operate the TWRP recovery UI easily. For example, you can:
- Flash a root exploit
- Grant root access on Honor Play
- Remove bloatware or/and startup programs
- install features that cannot be found on the stock Android OS
- Flash apps from other sources than Google Play
- Update your smartphone with custom ROMs including platforms like Lineage OS, AOKP or Paranoid Android
- Make Nandroid backups for saving the Android system
- Overclock your Android device and so much more.
Please keep in mind that replacing the stock recovery image with TWRP recovery is not an official operation. You may already know that the custom recovery app is developed by third-party developers and cannot be associated with Google or with your OEM. The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked, otherwise, you’ll not be able to replace the stock recovery image. Before proceeding to the given guide, learn how to unlock the Honor Play bootloader.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any damage occurred to your device while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download Honor Play USB drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging Option on your device.
- Install Android SDK on Windows
- Ensure that the battery level of your phone is more than 60% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Honor Play
- Download the compatible TWRP recovery package for your Honor Play from the above give link. Save the custom recovery package on the desktop of your PC.
- Now, rename the file into ‘recovery.img’ and move the .img file inside the Android SDK folder on the PC.
- Within the Android SDK folder, open a cmd window.
Note: Press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard and right-click on any blank space. Then select “open command prompt window here”.
- Power ON your Honor Play and plug it with your PC using its USB data cable.
- Type the following command in the cmd window and press Enter:
- Now issue the following command to boot your device in fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, flash the TWRP recovery image by entering this command:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery.img
- The installation process will start to flash TWRP recovery on your Honor Play.
- Once the process completes, close the cmd window, remove the USB cable and reboot your device.
These were the easy steps on how to install TWRP recovery on Honor Play.
Do tell us how everything worked for you and let us know if you have any trouble or question regarding the above steps.