In this guide, we will show you how to download and install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A53 5G SM-A536B, A536E and root the device using Magisk. Talking about custom recoveries for Android, TWRP is the first name that comes to mind as it is the most popular custom recovery out there.
If you are an Android developer or have rooted or flashed custom ROMs on Android devices, then you would surely be familiar with TWRP recovery. For those who don’t know, TWRP recovery enables Android users to flash custom ROMs and carry out many other tasks on their Android devices such as taking a backup and rooting the device through Magisk.
Rooting a device allows you to carry out many functions that you are not able to do normally on a phone. But as we mentioned, you need to first download and install TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy A53 5G and only after that will you be able to gain root access to your Samsung device.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy A53 5G and are looking to download and install TWRP recovery on your device, then you are at the right place as we will show you how to just that and also how to root your device using Magisk.
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G | Specifications
Before we begin with the guide to installing TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy A53 5G, let’s take a look at the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G device specifications. The device comes in with a 6.5-inch Super AMOLED panel with a 120 Hz refresh rate. The screen has an FHD+ display along with a pixel resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels with a 20:9 aspect ratio.
The device is equipped with the Exynos 1280 chipset which is an octa-core processor built on a 5nm manufacturing process. Two of the 8 cores are ‘Cortex-A78’s clocked at 2.4 GHz while the other 6 are ‘Cortex-A55’s clocked at 2.0GHz. The phone features a Mali-G68 Graphics Processing Unit.
Coming to cameras, we get to see a quad-camera setup at the back with a 64MP primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture lens, a 12MP ultra-wide camera with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro camera with an f/2.4 lens and a 5MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, there is a single camera for selfies with a 32MP f/2.2 lens. Both the cameras at the rear and front can capture videos at 30 fps in 4k quality.
In terms of storage and RAM options, we get to see 5 variants; 128GB and 4GB, 128GB and 6GB, 128GB and 8GB, 256GB and 6GB and 256GB and 8GB. Talking about sensors, the device features an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, compass, and barometer.
All of this is backed by a 5000 mAh battery that comes with 25W fast charge support. The device comes in 4 colour options; Black, White, Blue and Peach.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. TWRP recovery is an open-source custom recovery which is one of the most popular of its kind. The software is designed to be used on Android devices and can carry out many functions such as flashing custom ROMs, taking backups and more.
There are many other functions of TWRP recovery which make the software a must-have for developers. Some functions and features are mentioned below:
- Backups of partitions in TAR or raw Image format
- Restore backups from internal storage, external SD storage, or OTG devices
- Install Custom Firmware
- Install flashable ZIPs and image files
- Partition wiping
- Delete System, Cache, Vendor, Partition, User Data, etc
- Install Root or Unroot by flashing ZIPs
- Terminal access
- ADB Root Shell
- Theme Support
- Possible decryption support depending on the device
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A53 5G SM-A536B, A536E
Before you proceed to the install TWRP for Samsung Galaxy A53 5G, you need to take care of a few pre-requisites first:
Take a Complete Backup:
Before you install TWRP recovery and root your device, you need to make sure that you take a complete backup of your device so that you do not end up losing any valuable data.
Enable USB Debugging:
In order to enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy A53 5G, follow the given steps:
- You will have to first enter Developer’s mode. This can be done by going to Settings > About and there you will have to tap on the build number 7 times. With this, your phone will go into Developer’s mode.
- After that, head over to Settings again, then System > Advanced > Developer Options. In there, scroll down to USB debugging and enable the option.
Download and Install Odin tool:
You also need to download and install the Samsung Odin tool on your PC:
You also need to unlock the bootloader on your device before you proceed to install TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy A53 5G.
Download Samsung USB Drivers:
Download the appropriate Samsung USB drivers from the link provided:
Charge Your Device:
Before you begin the process, please make sure that your Galaxy A53 is charged up to at least 60%, so that the process is carried out seamlessly and to avoid bootloop issues.
Download TWRP Recovery:
Now, download TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A53 5G from below:
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|File Size:||38 MB|
|Device Name:||Samsung Galaxy A53 5G|
|Model Number||SM-A536B, A536E|
Now follow the below-mentioned steps carefully to install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A53 5G:
- After the download is complete, reboot your Galaxy A53 5G into download mode.
- Then you need to flash the vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in the USERDATA section and select Start.
- With this, your phone will be booted into recovery mode and you will get a prompt, asking you to wipe data.
- You need to select Wipe data and then again, you are required to boot into download mode.
- Now launch Odin, put the TWRP Tar file in the AP section and then flash the file by clicking on Start. Make sure your device is connected via USB.
- After the flashing is complete, reboot your device to recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
- When you are in the TWRP Recovery menu, you will need to disable encryption:
- Head over to Advanced > Terminal and in there, type ‘multidisabler’.
- In case the vendor finds some free space on the device, it will try to adjust the size of the vendor. You will know it if it asks “– Run multidisabler again!”
- So once more, type, ‘multidisabler’ and you will know when it’s done when you see the message: “–finished”
- After that, return to the Wipe section, proceed to Format data and type, “yes”.
- After your device has booted into TWRP recovery mode, you will then have to decrypt the data partition. You can do so by heading to Wipe > Format data. From there, you will have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once done, flash the Samsung multidisabler zip followed by the DM Verity Force Disabler. This is to ensure that you do not face issues.
- Now TWRP Recovery is installed and you can finally reboot to the System.
Root Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Using Magisk
To root your Galaxy A53 5G, follow the simple steps given below:
- First, you need to download and install Magisk Manager APK on your device.
- Now put the file in the internal memory of your phone.
- Again, reboot your device into recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
- Take a backup of your device.
- In the TWRP section, select Install and browse for the Magisk.zip and select it.
- Flash the file by swiping to the right.
- After the flashing process is complete, reboot to the system and enjoy!
So that was it from our side on how to download and install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A53 5G and root the device using Magisk. We hope that you found the guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.