Here is, how to install Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z2 Tablet. Android 8.1 Oreo is now live for Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (WiFi & LTE). If you are the fan of custom firmware and want to upgrade your Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet, then you can install Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z2 Tablet. Today, we are sharing installation instructions about the official Android 8.1 Oreo based Resurrection Remix custom firmware. The Xperia Z2 Tablet arrived in February 2014 and came with 10.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1200 x 1920 pixels.
The tablet is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 processor, along with 3GB of RAM and 16GB internal memory. It comes with 8.1MP and 2.2MP front shooting camera. The tablet comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS and later upgrade to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. So if you want to test the latest Android 8.1 Oreo experience on your device then install Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z2 Tablet. Remember that this is not officially announced by Sony but just a custom firmware which is developed by third-party developers.
The Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo custom firmware brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Also, the ROM comes with all the popular features of Android 8.1 Oreo-like picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, advanced Doze mode, Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life, new app notifications, notification dots on app icons and much more.
Your device must be rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod (CWM) in order to install Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z2 Tablet. We highly recommend taking the full backup of all your valuable data before proceeding.
This given guide containing the Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo ROM is only working with Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet. Do not apply this guide on any other or incorrect variant, as a result, the device might get bricked. You can verify the model number of your device by going to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog will not be responsible for any damage occurred to the device during or after the installation of this official Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on your Xperia Z2 Tablet. Proceed at your risk.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your SMS, MMS, APN Settings, Call Logs, Contacts and media files, etc. with a recommended custom recovery such as TWRP recovery. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Download and configure ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Get the full Android SDK from here.
- Download and install Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your Xperia Z2 Tablet by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure that you have at least 80% of battery charge on your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download official Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo ROM (LTE – castor)
- Download official Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo ROM (WiFi – castor_windy)
- Download Google Apps
Check Popular Posts:
- Update Google Pixel 2 to Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018 Firmware
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 3/4 [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Update Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile To Android 8.1 via Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM
- Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Sony Xperia Z2 via Resurrection Remix ROM
- Update Oppo R7 Plus To Android 7.1.2 Nougat Via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
- Update OnePlus One To Android 8.1 Oreo Via AOSP Custom ROM
- Flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on HTC One M7 via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z2 Tablet:
1: – First, download official Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on the desktop of your PC for Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet.
2: – Extract boot.img from the zip file separately.
3: – Now, plug your phone with PC using its USB data cable and mount its mass memory.
4: – Transfer the downloaded Android 8.1 Oreo ROM zip and Google Apps package .zip files to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
5: – Also, copy/paste the boot.img file to the Android-SDK-windows\platform-tools directory on your PC.
6: – Power OFF the device to boot into Bootloader Mode.
7: – Power ON the Z2 Tablet by pressing and holding Volume Up button while connecting it again with the USB cable. The phone LED will turn blue, and it will get into the Bootloader Mode.
8: – While the phone is in Fastboot Mode, go to the Android-SDK-windows\platform-tools directory on the PC and within the folder, open Command Prompt.
9: – Type the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
10: – Next, type this command and hit Enter.
11: – Once in the Recovery Mode. Turn ON the Xperia Z2 Tablet while pressing the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons a few times till the LED light turn pink or any other color.
12: – Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” as shown below. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
13: – Perform a cache wipe by navigating to “wipe cache partition”.
14: – We recommend to perform a wipe of your Dalvik cache. Wipe Dalvik cache will help to prevent facing boot loops or any other errors.
CWM Recovery -> Advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.
15: – Go back to the main menu of Recovery, select “install zip from SD card”. Now select “choose zip from sd card”. You can use volume keys to navigate to the Android 8.1 Oreo ROM zip file that you have already transferred to the root folder of your SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
16: – Repeat the above-given process to install Google Apps package on your Z2 Tablet.
17: – Once the installation is completed. Navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Done, you have successfully Installed Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z2 Tablet.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble while following the above-detailed guide.