Good news! OnePlus has not forgotten previous generation smartphones and has started rolling out the latest official update Oxygen OS 4.5.0 for OnePlus 3 and 3T. OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T are frequently receiving Android updates but this is a big update that brings a number of improvements, many new features and also including some OnePlus 5 features like Gaming Do Not Disturb, lift up display, network speed in the status bar, scheduled night mode among others, low priority notification, redesigned Dash charge animation, OnePlus Slate font, minor UI redesigns inside some common system app, locks the navigation buttons and much more.
OnePlus has started rolling out the Oxygen OS 4.5.0 official update via OTA, which means that not all users can get the update at the same time. If the update is not yet available in your region and you are excited to install this OTA update on your device then go ahead and follow the given steps.
The Oxygen OS 4.5.0 official update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, but we hope that the Android 8.0 Oreo update will come soon for OnePlus3 and 3T. By following this step by step guide, you can easily and quickly update your OnePlus 3 and 3T to Oxygen OS 4.5.0 official update. This latest update comes with tons of new features, other system stability, and battery improvements. Not necessary but it is better to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing this Oxygen OS 4.5.0 official OTA update on your own OnePlus 3 and 3T then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Oxygen OS 4.5.0 Features
- Added lift up display
- Added Gaming Do Not Disturb
- Added low priority notification
- Added network speed in the status bar
- Added scheduled night mode
- Added OnePlus Slate font
- Redesigned Dash Charge animation
- System stability and battery improvements
- Added Shot on OnePlus wallpaper
- Redesigned calling UI
- Camera / Gallery
- Added Shot on OnePlus watermark
- Redesigned photo editor in Gallery
- File Manager
- Added secure box
This guide containing the Oxygen OS 4.5.0 update can be used for the OnePlus 3 and 3T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 3 and 3T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 3 and 3T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Download OxygenOS 4.5.0 for OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 3
- OxygenOS 4.5.0 Full ROM for OnePlus 3
- OxygenOS 4.5.0 Full ROM for OnePlus 3T
- OxygenOS 4.5.0 OTA for OnePlus 3T
Steps to update OnePlus 3 and 3T to Oxygen OS 4.5.0 Official Firmware Android 7.1.1 Nougat:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Oxygen OS 4.5.0 official firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 3 and 3T with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 4.5.0 update on OnePlus 3 and 3T.