The official OTA Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware (v2.7.531.6) is now available to download for the HTC One M9. You can now update your HTC M9 to Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware by using the given step by step guide. This update comes with the build number 2.7.531.6 which has been already pushed out by T-Mobile. You can check either the OTA notification area for the availability of software update or if you haven’t received the Lollipop notification until now then don’t worry you can install the OTA Android 5.1 Lollipop manually on your T-Mobile HTC One M9.
As this is an official firmware, so it is doesn’t need your device rooted, installed with a custom recovery image or updated with a custom ROM firmware. Thus, if you have tweaked your HTC One M9 to a custom ROM or rooted it then you’ll need to downgrade it to stock Android OS first.
This guide containing the OTA Android 5.1 Lollipop (v2.7.531.6) OS and instructions can be used only with the HTC One M9. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device first.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your HTC One M9 during or after the installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop (v2.7.531.6). Although, this is an official update operation and you will not lose the warranty of your HTC One M9 by following the given steps carefully.
- Make a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, text messages, internet settings, apps, images, videos, audio files, IMEI / NVRAM data etc.
- A windows-based PC will be used to download to download the T-Mobile Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA firmware file, which will be then flashed on your TC One M9.
- Download and install the correct HTC One M9 USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Settings – Developer options and check the USB debugging box.
- The battery level of the HTC One M9 should be at least above 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while the installation process.
- Download OTA Android 5.1 Lollipop Firmware
Steps to Install OTA Android 5.1 Lollipop (v2.7.531.6) OS on T-Mobile HTC One M9:
1:- Download the Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware on your PC from the given above link but do not extract.
2:- Connect your HTC One M9 with the PC using its USB data cable.
3:- Now transfer the firmware file to the root folder of SD card on the phone.
4:- Disconnect the M9 after transferring the file and turn it OFF in order to boot into recovery mode.
5:- Then, enter recovery mode on your T-Mobile HTC One M9 (How To?).
6:- While the device is now in Recovery Mode, choose “Apply from phone storage”. Select the firmware .zip file and proceed the installation process.
7:- Wait for the 5.1 Lollipop to be flashed on your One M9 successfully and then select “Reboot system now”.
Done! You’ve successfully updated the T-Mobile HTC One M9 with OTA Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware.
If you face a boot loop issue at the end then go back to recovery and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”. Once done, reboot the device. That’s all.
Do let us know in the comments area below if you are facing any issue or have a question.