The latest Mokee (open source) custom ROM is now available for Sony Xperia Z5 Premium which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The Mokee team is working hard to make it a great ROM and more stable by including tons of new features. Before the release of official stock firmware, you can test the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS experience on your device via this Mokee custom firmware. All thanks to the Mokee team to develop this great ROM for Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. This latest custom firmware is quite stable and brings many new useful features and fixes some common issues, other tweaks through which you can help to enhance your device’s performance. The ROM is not officially announced by Sony but just a custom ROM which is developed by third party developers. Make sure that your device is rooted and the latest version of a custom recovery like (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) already installed on your Xperia Z5 Premium in order to flash the Mokee custom ROM.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily and quickly udpate your Sony Xperia Z5 Premium to the Mokee Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom firmware. This latest custom ROM comes with all the official Nougat features and also brings some after market features through which you can play and modify your device. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in updating Sony Xperia Z5 Premium to the Mokee Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom firmware then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing Mokee Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM is working with Sony Xperia Z5 Premium only. Verify device model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Sony Xperia Z5 Premium during or after the installation of this Mokee Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM. You will lose the warranty of your device by flashing this software. Proceed at your risk.
- Take a complete backup of all your data and setting on your phone like contacts, call logs, SMS, MMS, internet settings, installed apps, photos and audio/videos files, etc.
- Turn OFF the Antivirus and other security features from your computer to avoid unexpected issues while downloading the firmware and installation.
- Download and install Sony Xperia Z5 Premium USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your Xperia Z5 Premium by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- (Note: – Go to Settings – About Phone and tap on Built Number for a few times to enable Developer Options)
- The battery level of your Xperia Z5 Premium should be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- The Xperia Z5 Premium device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery pre-installed.
- Download Mokee Android 7.1.2 ROM for Xperia Z5 Premium
- Download Google Apps for Android 7.1.2 Nougat
Steps to Update Sony Xperia Z5 Premium to Mokee Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM:
Step No 1: – First, download the Mokee Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM from the above links on the desktop of your PC. (Do not extract)
Step No 2: – Now connect your Xperia Z5 Premium to PC using its USB data cable and mount the Memory Storage of the phone.
Step No 3: – Copy/paste the Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM .zip file to the root folder of your SD Card on the phone.
Step No 4: – Disconnect the device from the PC and boot into Recovery Mode [How To?].
Step No 5: – While your device is now recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
Note:- Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loops and issues related to ROM while installation.
Step No 6: – Next, navigate to the main menu of Recovery and choose install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card. Find the ROM .zip file that you’ve already transferred to the SD Card of your phone in Step No 3. Just select it and confirm the installation of Mokee Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROMfile to begin.
Step No 7: – Install Google Apps Package by repeating the above steps on your Xperia Z5 Premium.
Step No 8: – After flashing the ROM on the phone successfully, reboot it by selecting reboot system now.
Your device may take some time to boot for the first time after the installation. So be patient and wait for the process to be completed.
That’s All! You’ve successfully installed the Mokee Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Xperia Z5 Premium.