In this guide we will be talking about GCam 8.4.6. Among many other things, Google Pixel devices are known for their excellent camera results. This is because of their stock camera application, Google Camera. The Google Pixel devices come with great hardware, but so do many others. What makes the difference is the software behind the Google camera application.
As we mentioned, the camera is one of the main features of the Google Pixel devices. The powerful software algorithms running the application is the reason behind the great pictures and videos captured by the camera.
For years, Google kept the same hardware in their devices for three years, but the devices still produced fabulous pictures. With the Google Pixel 6, some new hardware was introduced, but the main ingredient still was the software algorithm.
What is GCam?
Basically, the GCam is mod that has the purpose of making Google Camera accessible for non-pixel Android smartphones as well along with all of it’s signature features. Many versions of GCam are available, some of them are made solely for a specific device, while others can be used on multiple Android devices.
As of now, there are quite a few developers who are working on making the GCam mod compatible for more and more devices. Along with the developers, there is also a proper community of people who use these mods.
At the moment, the GCam mod is available for a large variety of Android smartphones, on the condition that they are not running on outdated versions of Android and have support for proper APIs. If you have a device that is very old and does not have proper APIs, then it is highly unlikely that there is a compatible version of GCam for that device.
The developers are trying to introduce a universal version that works for every device. With the universal version, you may not get all of the features that are available normally, but you will surely be able to utilize the basic features such as HDR+ or Night mode.
GCam 8.4.6 App | Features and Changelog
- – All changes from the MGC_8.4.500_A10_V7 modification have been moved to google camera version 8.4.600
added “preview format” to settings
– added dev settings
– found errors in the work of the modification have been fixed
Tested on the following devices: OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T, Samsung S20 Ultra, Poco x2, Poco X3, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Asus Zenfone, POCO X3 Pro, OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 9RT, OnePlus 9 Pro, Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10 Pro, Note 11 series and others.
Download and Install GCam 8.4.6
The latest version, GCam 8.4.6 is available for almost all of the Android devices. Of course, there are some restrictions and the primary one is that your device needs to have support for camera2API.
Apart from that, the GCam mod is only available for devices running on Android 10 or above. So if you have a device running on Android 9 or older, then this version of GCam mod will not run on your device.
- First of all, you will have to proceed to BSG’s repository, from there you are required to grab the APK file. (Note that the APK is still a beta version and users may have to face some bugs)
- After the APK has been downloaded, proceed to the file and begin the installation. You may be asked to allow permission to install apps from external sources.
- Soon the installation will be completed and you will be able to use GCam 8.4.6 on your Android device.
- For users who are running an older version of Android (9.0 or older) on their smartphone, there are older versions of GCam that are compatible with those devices. Users can check out GCam 7.3, 7.2 or 7.1. Further, there are device specific versions of GCam available as well. You can check out CelsoAzevedo’s repository for different versions.
Again, you should keep in mind that GCam 8.4.6 is still in the beta stage at the time of writing, so it may contain some bugs. Make sure that your device has a compatible version of Android and has support for camera2.API. All credits for the mod go to developer BSG.
So that was it from our side on how to download and install GCam 8.4.6 on Android devices. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.