Download / Install Galaxy Note 5 N920CXXS4CRE4 May 2018 Security Update: The latest May 2018 Security Update is now available to download for Galaxy Note 5. The new firmware update comes with build number N920CXXS4CRE4 which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Samsung rolled out the May 2018 update for the Global Galaxy Note 8 and S8 series devices and now you can easily upgrade your Galaxy Note 5 that will move the build number to N920CXXS4CRE4. Keep in mind that This is an incremental update not a major one but we recommend upgrading your device as it includes the latest patch.
If you are one of those who has received the May Security Security Patch OTA update notification on your device then update to be on the safer side. We recommend updating Android devices to the latest security patches to stay safe from the malware attacks. Most of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 devices already received the update in various regions and it may take some time to be available as the OTA updates are rolling out gradually. Follow the given guide now to download and install Galaxy Note 5 N920CXXS4CRE4 May 2018 Security Update
Google released the latest security patch update in May 2018 that brings other bug fixes and stability improvements as well as May 1 security patch update. Many users have tested and found some improvements in the speed of the phone. So go ahead and follow the given guide to Galaxy Note 5 N920CXXS4CRE4 May 2018 Security Update.
Please note that the size of this latest firmware update is around 1.95 GB so before proceeding to install updates, make sure your Galaxy Note 5 is connected to a stable WiFi.
Please note that Android 7.0 Nougat May 2018 Security Patch given in this guide is working with the Galaxy Note 5.
Manually Update Galaxy Note 5 To N920CXXS4CRE4 May 2018 Security Update
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy Note 5, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy Note 5. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
Galaxy Note 5 N920CXXS4CRE4 May 2018 Security Patch
- Android version: 7.0
- Security patch level (SPL): May 1, 2018
- Baseband version: N920CXXS4CRE4
- Region: Global
- Network: Unlocked
Download Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now Download ODIN Software
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Download Galaxy Note 5 N920CXXS4CRE4 May 2018 Security Update
- Download N920CXXS4CRE4
How To Install Galaxy Note 5 N920CXXS4CRE4 May 2018 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device. To do that switch off your phone and hold Volume Up + Power + home (bootloader mode > then select recovery), then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Galaxy Note 5
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
This was an easy guide on how to download and install Galaxy Note 5 N920CXXS4CRE4 May 2018 Security Update. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question.