After a long time, the Carbon Nightly ROM has been released for some Sony Xperia devices like Xperia Z5 (Sumire), Xperia Z3 (Leo) and Xperia Z3 (Aries). This ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. A few years ago, Carbon ROM was very popular among Android custom ROMs. Carbon ROM has been on hold for quite some time, but the Carbon ROM team has come back and brought the first host of nightlies based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. This latest custom firmware comes with some aftermarket features and is very smooth, stable, fast along with AOSP Look & Feel for Sony Xperia devices. This is not officially announced by Sony but just a custom ROM that’s why you might face some minor bugs and errors.
By following this step by step guide you can install Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Sony Xperia Z5 (Sumire), Xperia Z3 (Leo) and Xperia Z3 (Aries). This requirement of this custom ROM is that your devices must be rooted and installed with the latest custom recovery like TWRP or CWM to flash on your Sony Xperia devices. This custom firmware brings tones of new features like intuitive customization tool, Carbon Fibers, a way to organize features with scrollable tabs under their respective category, OTA updater and much more. Once you update your device, you’ll get the most authentic Android experience. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take full backup of your valuable data. If you are interested in installing Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Sony Xperia Z5 (Sumire), Sony Xperia Z3 (Leo) or Sony Xperia Z3 (Aries) then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM is working with Sony Xperia Z5 (Sumire), Xperia Z3 (Leo), Xperia Z3 (Aries) only. Verify device model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Sony Xperia Z5 or Z3 during or after the installation of this Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM. You will lose the warranty of your device by flashing this software. Proceed at your risk.
- Take a complete backup of all your data and setting on your phone like contacts, call logs, SMS, MMS, internet settings, installed apps, photos and audio/videos files, etc.
- Turn OFF the Antivirus and other security features from your computer to avoid unexpected issues while downloading the firmware and installation.
- Download and install Sony Xperia Z5 and Z3 USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your Xperia Z5 or Z3 by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- (Note: – Go to Settings – About Phone and tap on Built Number for a few times to enable Developer Options)
- The battery level of your XperiaZ5 or Z3 should be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- The Xperia Z5 or Z3 device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery pre-installed.
- Download Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 ROM for Xperia Z3 (Leo)
- Download Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 ROM for Xperia Z3(Aries)
- Download Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 ROM for Xperia Z5 (Sumire)
- Download Google Apps for Android 7.1 Nougat
Steps to Update Sony Xperia Z5 or Z3 to Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM:
Step No 1: – First, download the Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM from the above links on the desktop of your PC. (Do not extract)
Step No 2: – Now connect your Xperia Z5 or Z3 to PC using its USB data cable and mount the Memory Storage of the phone.
Step No 3: – Copy/paste the Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM .zip file to the root folder of your SD Card on the phone.
Step No 4: – Disconnect the device from the PC and boot into Recovery Mode [How To?].
Step No 5: – While your device is now recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
Note:- Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loops and issues related to ROM while installation.
Step No 6: – Next, navigate to the main menu of Recovery and choose install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card. Find the ROM .zip file that you’ve already transferred to the SD Card of your phone in Step No 3. Just select it and confirm the installation of Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROMfile to begin.
Step No 7: – Install Google Apps Package by repeating the above steps on your Xperia Z5 or Z3.
Step No 8: – After flashing the ROM on the phone successfully, reboot it by selecting reboot system now.
Your device may take some time to boot for the first time after the installation. So be patient and wait for the process to be completed.
That’s All! You’ve successfully installed the Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Xperia Z5 or Z3.