AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is one of the best customs ROMs in the Android market. Recently, AOSP released the latest custom firmware based on Android 10 for ZTE Blade V9. The ZTE Blade V9 was launched in August 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo and still, there is no news about the official Android 10 firmware. So if you wish to get the experience of Google 10th Android OS before the official stock firmware release. The only way to flash the custom firmware on your device which is based on Android 10.
Here are the instructions on how to download and install the AOSP Android 10 for ZTE Blade V9 custom ROM. Full credit goes to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson for sharing this amazing custom firmware. The AOSP custom ROM comes with all the latest features of Android, many other changes and so on. Also, the Android 10 bring bubble feature, live caption, improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode and much more.
The AOSP custom ROM is a stable build and smoothly run on your device. In order to install AOSP Android 10 for ZTE Blade V9, your device should have an unlocked bootloader and have already installed the TWRP custom recovery. Now we are talking about the specifications about the ZTE Blade V9.
The smartphone comes with a 5.7-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 processor along with 3/4 GB of RAM and 32/64 GB of internal storage. The ZTE Blade V9 has a dual main camera which is 16MP + 5MP and 8MP front camera for selfies. If you wish to download and install the AOSP Android 10 for ZTE Blade V9 custom ROM, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide can be used to flash the AOSP Android 10 on the ZTE Blade V9. Please do not use the given firmware file for any other device.
- It is highly recommended to take a complete backup of all your data like SMS, MMS, Settings, Audio, Video, Call Logs and Contacts, etc stored on the internal memory of your phone.
- The battery level of the ZTE Blade V9 should be at least about 70% to prevent unexpected shutdowns while flashing ROM.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options on your Blade V9.
- Note: If the Developer Options are available then, go to Menu – Settings-About Phone and from there tap repeatedly on Built Number; the ‘you are a developer’ message will be prompted.
Steps to Flash AOSP Android 10 For ZTE Blade V9 Custom ROM:
Step 2: Connect your smartphone using its USB cable with your computer.
Step 3: Transfer the downloaded files from desktop to your phone.
Step 4: Once the files are transferred, unplug the USB cable and disconnect your device.
Step 5: Now, boot the ZTE Blade V9 into recovery mode by following the given steps:
- Android SKD must be installed on your PC and set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux.
- Make a connection between your device and computer using its USB cable.
- Navigate to the Fastboot folder on the PC.
- There open a command prompt window and type “ADB reboot recovery”.
Step 6: Before proceeding to the flashing process, first wipe your ZTE Blade V9. You can wipe the system from recovery by choosing: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe Dalvik cache”.
Step 7: After the wiping process is finished, go back to the main recovery menu.
Step 8: From the recovery menu, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” to start the ROM flashing process.
Step 9: Locate the firmware “Android 10 based custom ROM” and start installing the AOSP firmware on your ZTE Blade V9.
Step 11: Finally, select the “reboot system now” from the main menu of recovery.
Your device will take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You have successfully installed Android 10 AOSP custom ROM on ZTE Blade V9.