Update HTC One (M9) to Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM: Today, we are sharing a step-by-step guide to update HTC One M9 to Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM. ICE stands for Insert Coin Enhanced. This amazing custom ROM is based on the Android OS 7.1 Nougat. The good thing is that you can install Android 7.1 ICE Nougat custom ROM on any international version of HTC One (M9) (ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint to Verizon).
You’ll be glad to know that the ROM is pre-rooted and filled with performance and battery tweaks. After installation, you’ll feel that the battery lasts longer with enhanced performance. Many users have tested Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM and found it very fast and rock stable.
By following the given guide, you will be able to update HTC One M9 to Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM. You’ll need a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP to flash the ROM and Google Apps package. As the latest version of a custom recovery is required to flash Android 7.1 based ViperOne M9 OTA ROM zipped file. Make sure that the bootloader of your HTC One M9 is unlocked. We have given a guide given below to unlock the bootloader of HTC devices.
We highly recommend creating a full backup of all your existing and important data before proceeding to the installation guide. As, while installing this Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM, all the data will be wiped clean – like a brand new phone. Below we have mentioned making a full backup for rooted and non-rooted phones.
Android 7.1 ICE Nougat ROM Details:
- ALL M9 Variants Supported (International, ATT US, TMO US, Sprint, Verizon
- more languages enabled (FULL WWE)
- Fast fixes / updates
- root, busybox and init.d support
- persistent ADB enabled
- ramdisk improvements
- battery life, performance, and memory improvements
- sysro / sysrw binaries
- SQLite support
- disabled logging & removed bloatware
- APKS: stripped debugging info, optimized compression and zipaligned for better performance
- Partitions trimming and remounting for improved performance
- APM (Advanced Power Menu with Restart, Restart to Download Mode, Restart to Recovery, Restart to Bootloader)
- Sense Launcher Menu Support
- Increased Quick Settings Tiles from 12 to 15
- Colorful NavBar
- Call recording and auto call recording
- Kill All Button in Recent Apps with Memory Usage Info
- Battery Percentage AROMA option
- Ambient Display
- Large Size Contact Picture
- 3 NavBar Sizes (AROMA selection)
- Kcal Color Calibration
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with HTC One M9 only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
Guide How to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Android Devices (Rooted Phones)
How to Backup Important Data Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One M9 by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for HTC One M9 on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Steps to Update HTC One M9 to Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM:
- First, download the Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Extract boot.img from the zip file separately.
- Connect your HTC One M9 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
- Copy/paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
- Now, boot your HTC One M9 into Bootloader/Fastboot Mode. Power OFF the phone and again power it ON while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- While your device is now in fastboot mode (on your HTC One M9), navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory (on your PC).
- Open command prompt within the folder (Shift+Right-click > Open command prompt).
- Type the following command and hit Enter button.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Next, type this command and press Enter.
- Follow the instruction that you will see on the screen. Choose BOOTLOADER and then navigate to RECOVERY.
- Follow the given guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (Various ways).
- Now, follow the given guide to install Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM on HTC One M9.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while flashing the Android 7.1 ICE Nougat Custom ROM on HTC One M9.