Now you can easily update Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite to the latest Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix Nougat. This ROM is based on the Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite (ugg/ugglite) are the entry level Xiaomi phones available in Asian countries. So if you have Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite then we have good news for you that Android 7.1.2 Nougat Resurrection Remix Custom ROM is available for these devices and you can download and install this latest custom ROM on your Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite to taste the sweetness of Nougat. Proceed to Update Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite to Android 7.1.2 Nougat Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.
Keep in mind that Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers but it works and is almost bug-free. You may already know that Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite is based on stock Android that enables us to do customization easily as compared to MIUI on them. Many users have tested this ROM and found it very stable for daily use. So go ahead and follow the given detailed guide to update Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite to Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix Nougat.
All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP already installed on your Y1/Y1 Lite to flash the ROM. Here we’ll use TWRP custom recovery to flash the Android 7.1.2 Nougat Resurrection Remix and Gapps package. We highly recommend creating a full backup of all your existing and important data before proceeding to the installation guide. As, while installing this Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix Nougat ROM, all the data will be wiped clean – like a brand new phone. Below we have mentioned making a full backup for rooted and non-rooted phones.
Check out some of the highlighted features of Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix Nougat ROM:
This latest Resurrection Remix custom ROM brings a lot of awesome and new features and is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
Guide How to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Android Devices (Rooted Phones)
- How to Backup Important Data Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Check Popular Posts:
Steps to Install Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix Nougat ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite
- First, download the ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
- After the transferring completes, boot your device into the Recovery Mode. Here you can find a detailed guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (Various ways).
Now, follow the given guide to install Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix Nougat ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix Nougat ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while flashing the Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix Nougat ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite.