Today we are sharing instructions on how to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on HTC One Max via CM12.1 Nightly ROM. Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is now available for the HTC One Max. No matter if you can’t wait for the latest Android OS version officially released by HTC, still you can experience the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, Tweaks, CM Themes and much more featuring stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with CyanogenMod 12.1 nightly custom ROM. Thanks to CyanogenMod for announcing the CM12.1 Nightly Lollipop ROM for this handset. As we’ve already mentioned this is a nightly build, so expect new builds on daily basis.
If you are interested to get this latest CM12.1 custom firmware on your HTC One Max then we have a detailed guide to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on HTC One Max via CM12.1 Nightly Lollipop ROM. Keep in mind that this is a custom ROM which is not officially released by HTC, you might face some issues or not working features but the developers are always working to fix those bugs. You’ll need a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP recovery in order to install this ROM and Gapps files on your HTC One Max phone.
This guide containing the CM12.1 Nightly ROM and instructions are only working with HTC One Max, do not try to install this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Please check the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your HTC One Max during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 Nightly Lollipop on HTC One Max. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the One Max by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the HTC One MaX USB Drivers on the PC.
- The HTC One Max should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your One Max must be unlocked.
- The ADB and Fastboot should be configured on your PC [How To]
- Make sure that the battery level of the One Max is at least over 80% before going ahead.
Check Popular Posts:
- Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 5.1.1 crDroid Lollipop Custom ROM
- Root Galaxy Note 4 (Canada) SM-N910W8 on N910W8VLU1COI4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Install CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Stable ROM on Motorola Moto G 2014
- Update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with SlimLP Custom ROM
- Root XXU3COJ1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F via CF-Root Method
- Install N920VVRU2AOJ2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Verizon Galaxy Note 5 N920V
- Android 5.1.1 ManuProN5 Lollipop Custom ROM Released for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 – How To Install
- Download 5.1.1 CM12.1 Nightly ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 Nightly Lollipop ROM on HTC One Max:
Follow the given step-by-step guide to install Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 Nightly Lollipop ROM on HTC One Max.
1:- First, download Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 Nightly Lollipop ROM (cm-12.1-20150430-NIGHTLY-t6.zip) for HTC One Max on the desktop of the PC.
2:- Connect the HTC One Max to the PC using USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
3:- Transfer Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 custom ROM .zip file that you’ve already downloaded from the above link to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
4:- Disconnect the phone from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
6:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
8:- Navigate to the CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
9:- Next, install Google Apps by repeating the above steps.
10:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your HTC One Max will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated HTC One Max to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with CM12.1 custom ROM.
do i need s-off?