The latest stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop has been released for the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (International Variant) by Samsung. The build number of this Lollipop update is I9505XXUHOD7 that can be installed on the International LTE model of Samsung Galaxy S4, quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor. Currently, the I9505XXUHOD7 update is live for users in Germany, and the size of this OTA firmware is about 500MB that brings many improvements, stability and smoothness like KitKat. Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update comes with five new German apps, improved RAM management as well as the battery percentage is enabled by default in the status bar.
“For me its smoother no lag at all rest is all the same,didn’t try high end games i am playing just some light games,” according to senior forum member hare89.
Navigate to development thread to read more about the changes added in this Android 5.0.1 Lollipop build I9505XXUHOD7. German users can now connect their phone to the Samsung KIES server to check for the update, but if you have missed the OTA notification or you are from any other region, then you can still install the update using our detailed guide manually.
Android 5.0.1 I9505XXUHOD7 Firmware Details:
|GALAXY S4 LTE
|Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:50:32 +0000
This guide containing the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9505XXUHOD7 firmware file and instructions can be used for the Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the device’s model number from Settings > About phone > Model number.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 during or after the installation of this I9505XXUHOD7 firmware. Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings via the custom recoveries like TWRP or CWM.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S4 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your S4 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- Your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 should factory unlocked.
- You should have an unlocked GT-I9505 to install the official build I9505XXUHOD7.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S4 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your S4; it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Build I9505XXUHOD7 [Mirror]
- Download Odin v3.10.6
Steps to Install Stock I9505XXUHOD7 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505:
Follow the given steps to update Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9505XXUHOD7 firmware:
Step No 1: – First, download the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9505XXUHOD7 firmware (I9505XXUHOD7_I9505YBTHOD7_DBT.zip) file for your Galaxy S4 and Odin3 v3.10 on the desktop of your PC from the above-given links.
Step No 2: – Extract both of the zipped files in a folder on your PC.
Step No 3: – Turn OFF the Galaxy S4 to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4: – Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons altogether.
Step No 5: – Run Odin3 v3.10 on the PC (as Administrator).
Step No 6: – with- As the Galaxy S4 is currently in Download Mode, connect to PC and wait for a while till Odin detects it. If the drivers are installed correctly then the ID: COM box will turn light blue in Odin after the phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7: – In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the firmware file that you’ve already extracted and placed on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 8: – Ensure that you’ve checked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and the Re-Partition option must be unchecked.
Step No 9: – In Odin, click on the Start button to begin the installation process that may take a few minutes to completed.
Step No 10: – Once the flashing process is finished, the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 will be automatically rebooted.
Step No 11: – Disconnect the device from the PC after the home screen appears.
Done! You’ve installed the I9505XXUHOD7 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop stock build on the Galaxy S4 successfully.
Let us know in the comments area below if you need any help or having trouble while installing this Android 5.0.1 stock Lollipop firmware on your Galaxy S4 LTE.