Huawei P10 series phones have just received their latest update, and it comes with several new features. The most notable is the ability to use HarmonyOS on the phone itself. This update also includes better battery optimization and some other bug fixes.
This was a quick preview of what’s in store for this update. Check out the full article to get more details on this exciting release!
Huawei’s latest update has brought some exciting features that make HarmonyOS even more versatile and user-friendly than before. In this update, several fixes are incompatible with previous versions of HM OS.
Changelogs suggest that the Huawei P10 lineup update will fix device unlocking and logging into Huawei accounts. In addition to fixing device locking and logging in to your Huawei account, this software upgrade also optimizes the display, making it easier to read notifications while reducing strain on your eyes when watching videos or playing games for long periods.
The December 2021 Security Patch from Huawei is also installed on this release, which helps to improve system security. The Huawei P10 Series, with the help of this 1-step upgrade, can now be more secure than before and can handle the latest security threats found in the market.
This release includes 62 CVEs in the third-party libraries, one CVE in the framework, two CVEs in the kernel, three CVEs in the system, and one CVE in the applications.
- Huawei P10 (VTR-AL00)
- Huawei P10 Plus (VTR-TL00)
- Huawei P10 Plus (VKY-AL00)
- Huawei P10 Plus (VKY-TL00)
Update log for Huawei P10 126.96.36.199:
- This update changes the interface for unlocking the device. Previously, when you tapped on the icon, you would see a grayed-out icon of your locked device, which didn’t show any information about your lock state or allow you to unlock it. Now when you tap on the icon, it turns red and displays a series of dots on either side of it to indicate that your device is locked. The dots also turn red and show that your phone is unlocked when they disappear.
- Display a clear update log in the contact interface to optimize display effects
- Resolve the issue where some Huawei accounts are not being logged into.
- Security update for enhanced mobile phones incorporating the December 2021 security update
- The update includes improving memory management, more stable Wi-Fi connectivity, and improved battery life.
What you need to know:
- Data loss is always devastating. Before you attempt to update your operating system, it is a good idea to make a backup of your data.
- Do not update or install any software or application on your computer until you make sure that you have a stable connection. These updates and installations can take a long time and affect performance.
- It is highly recommended to make sure you don’t forcefully turn off your phone when the installation has finished.
The following steps can be taken to install updates:
Downloading this software update can be done via two different areas, both of which are listed below:
- Navigate to the Settings page
2. To update your system, tap System & updates
3. Tap the Software Update button
4. Check for updates by tapping the Check button
5. Click here to download and install
6. Prepare for installation
Once you have installed and restarted the new application, we recommend you let the system optimize it so that your device will perform smoothly afterward.
Through my Huawei:
In order to keep your phone up to date, you can update the software on your Huawei smartphone by following these steps:
- Download My Huawei from the app store.
- Open the app and tap on Update.
- Follow the instructions on screen and wait for the update to complete before returning to your home screen.