In this guide, we will show you how to unlock SIM on Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. The Google Pixel 6 device lineup are the latest Android phones by Google. The devices from the Google Pixel lineup are only available in some countries.
These include the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Japan, Australia, France, Germany and Taiwan. These regions are very few and this means that there are more regions where the Google Pixel 6 has not been officially released yet.
It may be possible that Google will not release their device lineup in some of the remaining regions. This means that if you use a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro outside of the specified regions, you will not be able to use your SIM on the phone.
But if you do plan on buying a Pixel 6 or 6 Pro, or you already have bought one from another country, then follow this guide as we will show you how to unlock SIM on Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro.
This guide will be explaining you how to unlock a locked T-Mobile Google Pixel 6 or 6 Pro so that you can use any SIM from any region on that phone. If you have a locked device, there may be some SIMs from some specific carriers outside of the specified region that are allowed to be used on that phone. But once you have unlocked your device, you will be able to use other SIM cards from carriers even in your region.
How to Unlock SIM on Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
The method we have shared below was introduced by XDA member lipon625. It is very useful to unlock SIM on Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro or remove SIM lock from T-Mobile Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. We have divided the method into different steps, each of these steps are really easy to execute and will not require much time. Follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Factory Reset Device from Settings
The first step that you need to do involved factory resetting your phone from the Settings. This way, all your device settings and configurations will be returned to the original factory settings.
But before you implement the steps mentioned below, keep in mind that a factory reset means that all of the data on your device will be wiped. This includes images, videos, audios, files and documents. So it is recommended that you take a backup of your device data before hand so that your data stays safe.
- So after you have taken a device backup, head over to the Settings app on your Google Pixel 6.
- Now head over to the System section and then tap on Reset options.
- After that, select Erase all data (Factory reset) and then select Erase all data.
- You may be asked to enter the PIN or Password that you use as a screen lock. Enter your passcode.
- Once again, tap on Erase all data and then confirm your action.
- With this, your device will start to reboot.
- After some time, your device will boot into the system.
2. Bypass Activation without Wi-Fi or SIM
Once your device has booted into the system, it is important that you skip the initial setup. It is also integral that you do not insert the SIM and you should not to connect to the Wi-fi either.
Before you proceed to the next step of the method to unlock SIM on Google Pixel 6 and 6 pro, there are a few things that you need to take care of:
- You will be needing a USB cable and a computer.
- Make sure that your device is charged up to at least 60% so that the process can be completed without your device running out of battery.
- You are also required to download Android USB Driver on your PC.
- Download Android SDK Platform tools on your PC. This will include the Fastboot and ADB tools required.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Google Pixel 6 or 6 Pro.
4. Enable ADB and Fastboot tools
- First up, you are required to extract the Platform tools folder to a convenient location on your PC.
- Then proceed to the extracted folder and then click on the search bar inside the folder.
- After that, type cmd and then press Enter to launch the Command prompt.
- Now you will have to connect your Google Pixel 6 or 6 Pro to your computer using a USB cable.
- After your device has been successfully connected, type in the command below in the command prompt and then press Enter:
- You may see a USB Debugging prompt on your phone, provide authorization.
- You will know that your device is properly connected to your computer if you see your device ID in the command prompt.
- After that, type in the following command:
- After that, type in the command below to unlock SIM on Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro:
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig
- After you have executed the command above, remove your device from your computer and then restart your Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro.
Now you can use any SIM on your Google Pixel 6 or 6 Pro. So that was it from our side on how to unlock SIM on Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.