This guide will show you how to open the Diag port on Realme, OnePlus, or Oppo smartphones. Most of the Android devices from these manufacturers come in two variants, one contains the Qualcomm chipset, and the other features a MediaTek chipset. Both of these come with great features and have excellent performance.
As they are two completely different processors, there are some differences between different variants of devices. One major difference is that Qualcomm devices have the ability to open a diagnostic port. With this port, users can access multiple diagnostic tools which can be used to troubleshoot their devices.
What is Diag Port?
A Diag port is basically a special diagnostic port. The Diag port can be used to troubleshoot your phone as it allows the use of special diagnostic tools on your device. This is generally for technicians, who connect their special diagnostic equipment to check their device for issues. This has many functions which include debugging, system troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
Talking specifically about the Diag port on smartphones, it can be used to repair the IMEI number of phones running on Qualcomm chipsets. These include devices from OnePlus, Realme, and Oppo. But phones which are powered by MediaTek processors do not require the Diag port to be opened for IMEI repair. But you should keep in mind that these tools only work on devices that have been rooted.
Open the Diag Port on Realme, OnePlus, or Oppo Smartphones
Android devices from OnePlus, Realme, and Oppo all come with the feature known as “Diag Port”. Using this feature, you can access useful information regarding your phone’s hardware and software. This information proves useful in many circumstances which cause problems for your phone. You can diagnose issues and carry out multiple actions such as repairing your phone’s IMEI number.
You can open the Diag Port on Realme, OnePlus, or Oppo smartphones using three different methods. We have discussed all three of them for you below.
1. Open Diag Port Using Secret Dialer Code
You can open the Diag Port on Realme, OnePlus, or Oppo smartphones by following the simple steps below:
- First up, open up the dialer app on your phone.
- Enter the following code: *#812#
- Now open the Service menu and press Call.
- Select the Hardware Testing option in the service menu.
- Now, select the Diag option.
- Now open the diagnostic port by tapping on the Enable button.
2. Open Diag Port Using ADB
You can also open the Diag port on Realme, OnePlus, or Oppo devices by using ADB commands. Follow the given steps:
- First of all, install Android SDK Platform tools on your computer.
- Now, connect your phone to your PC via a USB cable.
- Now open the ADB command line on your PC.
- Now, type in the following command and press Enter: adb devices
- Now you will see a list of devices connected to your computer. If you see your phone in the list, then the adb connection is successful.
- Now key in the following command: adb -s <device number> shell
- With this, you will be able to access the phone’s shell.
- Now, enable the diag port by entering the following command: setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
- Now, reboot your device to the system by using the given command: adb reboot
- You can access the diag port once the phone has restarted.
3. Open Diag Port Using Terminal APK
This method requires proper root access if you want to use it to open the Diag port on Realme, OnePlus, or Oppo phones.
- First, install the Terminal Emulator app.
- Then connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- In the Terminal Emulator app, type the following command: setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
So that was it from our side on how to open the Diag Port on Realme, OnePlus, or Oppo phones. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.