OnePlus has released a new OTA (Over-the-Air) Oxygen OS 4.5.13 update for OnePlus 5 smartphone. This latest update is incremental and comes with the September 2017 security patch. The Oxygen OS 4.5.13 update brings many improvements to launching speed of applications, fixes some bugs, extended battery life, support for customization of notification ringtone, improves the launch speed of the apps, better optimizations, and much more.
Oneplus is rolling out the incremental update in a phase-wise manner, so if you have not yet received the Oxygen OS 4.5.13 update and you can’t wait more for this OTA update then still you can install it manually by following this simple step by step guide.
This latest official update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, we hope the Oreo update will be available soon. The update fixed many issues like fixed 4G+ network support across the globe, Fixed YouTube lagging, display problems with some UI elements, fixes some pestering bugs and much more.
It is better to always keep updated your Android phones to the latest official update released by OnePlus. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing this Oxygen OS 4.5.13 update on your OnePlus 5 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
OxygenOS 4.5.13 Features and Changelogs
- Supports customization of notification ringtone
- Improved launching speed of apps
- Optimized adaptive brightness
- Fixed issue of YouTube video lagging behind audio
- Fixed display issues with some UI elements
- Fixed issue of no 4G+ network in some regions
- Updated Android security patch to September
- General bug fixes
This guide containing the rooted and cleaned Oxygen OS 4.5.13 Update can be used for the OnePlus 5 devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 5 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the OnePlus 5 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 5 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
- Download Oxygen OS 4.5.13 Official Update (Coming Soon)
- Download Oxygen OS 4.5.13 Full ROM
How To Update OnePlus 5 To Oxygen OS 4.5.13 OTA Official Firmware:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Oxygen OS 4.5.13 official file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your Oneplus 5 by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 5 with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideloaded ota.zip
9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation process to be completed. Once the process is finished, select reboot from the main Recovery Menu.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 4.5.13 update on OnePlus 5.