How To Install MIUI 9 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: From the start of this week, Redmi Note 4 smartphones began receiving the OTA updates, however, if you still have not received OTA notification so you can try installing MIUI 9 on your Redmi Note 4 by yourself. The procedure to install MIUI 9 is so simple but if you don’t know how to install the OTA manually on your smartphone, then you don’t have to worry because we have a complete guide for you below but first let’s know about the changes and improvements of MIUI 9.
MIUI 9 Changelog and Improvements
The list below considers the major changes and improvement of MIUI 9
- It has animations for launching apps
- New Icons
- Introduced Split screen
- Automatically turns off and on reading mode at sunrise and sunsets
- Has better blocklist
- New formats for update logs
- Automatically turns off the battery saver when fully charged
- After 3 seconds of inactivity Quick ball goes back to the Edge.
- The cleaner is improved, deletes empty folders better than before
- Protects from the accidental tap for the dial pad
- Silent mode is improved
- Design of virus scan page is improved
So now we have discussed the improvements and changes of MIUI 9, its time to know how to install it in your Redmi note 4.There are few methods of installing it in your device here we are going to share two of them which are easy and simple for everyone.
First Method- Using Updater App
- If you don’t know about this Updater Application it means you haven’t moved it. In this case, the updater app will be located in the Tools folder.
- After finding the application launch it.
- If you see an OTA in the app, download it and after downloading it will install automatically
- In case you don’t see any OTA in the app, you can download the MIUI 9 recovery ROM from the link which is below in the download section.
- After downloading the OTA, move the zip file in the folder and name it downloaded ROM in the internal storage.
- There will be a three-dot menu at the top right corner, from there select choose update package.
- Now select the ROM which is inside the folder downloaded ROM, It will take a little time to load the ROM after the ROM is loaded reboot your device.
- The update will install after the reboot
You May Also Like:
Second Method – Using Fast boot
- Now from the below download section download Fast boot ROM it will be in the .tgz format extract it.
- In your computer install MI flash and then run it.
- Now power off your device and press the volume down button and the power button by doing this you will enter the fastboot mode.
- Now you have to copy the address of fastboot ROM, which was extracted in the first step
- In the address bar paste the copied link and click refresh.
- After refreshing the Mi flash will be able to detect your device.
- Now click the flash button. It will start flashing the ROM, you will have a success message once the ROM will be flashed and your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will reboot into the MIUI 9.
Download MIUI 9 for Redmi Note 4
These were the easy steps to download and install MIUI 9 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question regarding above guide.