We’ve shared guides about Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Resurrection Remix Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 and Galaxy Note 2 N7100 recently and now it’s a time to taste this latest build on the Nexus 4. Resurrection Remix ROM is based on many popular Android custom ROMs like CyanogenMod, SlimROMs and Omni, as its name indicates “Remix”, it means that this ROM has all the features of these custom firmwares that brings more customizations, performance, power and much more for this device. A good surprise for the Nexus 4 owners the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM is now available for this smartphone.
So if want to get Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Resurrection Remix Custom ROM on your Nexus 4, then follow the given step-by-step guide to update your device. Follow these instructions carefully and please note that this is just a custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers, not officially released by Google/LG and is currently under development, thus bugs are highly likely, but the developers are busy to fix these bugs. Many features have been tweaked with mods from the previous version which are now available in the current build.
Resurrection Remix ROM Change Log:
- Resurrection Remix Lollipop 5.0.2 – v5.3.1
- Switch to Resurrection style light material theme
- Make RR tools icons themeable
- Remove italic fonts from settings
- Power menu: add sound toggle
- Keyguard: Create lockscreen weather
- Settings: check if ime switcher pref was removed previously
- Privacy guard: option to disable notification
- Fix NPE in HighTouchSensivity
- Settings: Show SAR on Regulatory Info (from CM11)
- Delay Explicit GC from the SystemServer
- SystemUI: Remove redundant and broken setText on temperature view.
- Camera2 legacy: retry EGL config without EGL_RECORDABLE_ANDROID
- Fix nav button ripple getting stuck (Update)
- Phone: Sprint MWI Quirk: Phantom message wait indicator workaround
- G3 – fix WIFI cannot connect issue
- Hammerhead: Enable performance processor settings
- Bug fix and source updates from Cyanogenmod
Features Of Resurrection Remix ROM:
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart Pulldown
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Performance Profiles
- Ambient Display
- ClockColor options
- Statusbar clock customisation + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- Add changelog
- Listview animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
- Included all CM12 features
This custom firmware (Resurrection Remix) is only applicable to the Nexus 4 codename Mako only. Do not try to flash it on any other or incorrect variant, or it may brick your device. You can check the model number of your phone by going to Settings > About phone > Model number.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 4 during or after the installation of Resurrection Remix custom firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
- First thing is first, backup all your data and settings of the phone using a recommended custom recovery like CWM or TWRP as this tutorial might wipe out all the data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Nexus 4 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- The Nexus 4 must be rooted and have a custom recovery installed.
- Verify that you have properly installed Nexus 4 USB Drivers on your PC.
- The bootloader of the device should be unlocked.
- The battery level of your Nexus 4 should be above 80% before proceeding to the following instructions.
Steps to Update Nexus 4 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with Resurrection Remix ROM:
1:- First, download the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM & Google Apps package on the desktop of your PC and do not extract these .zip files.
2:- Plug the phone with the PC using its USB data cable.
3:- Copy the downloaded Android 5.0.2 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM (Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.3.1-20150121-mako.zip) and Google Apps .zip files to the internal storage of the device.
4:- Disconnect the Nexus 4 from the computer and turn it OFF in order to boot into Bootloader Mode.
5:- Now turn ON the device while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys at the same time. Follow the instructions given the screen and select Bootloader, then go to Recovery.
6:- While your Nexus 4 is now in Recovery Mode, perform data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset.
7:- Go back to the main menu of Recovery and select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard. Find the Resurrection Remix ROM .zip file that you’ve already copied to the internal storage of your phone in Step No 3. Select it and confirm the ROM installation to begin.
8:- After the ROM installation is completed, install Google Apps package by following the similar procedure.
9:- Finally, reboot the Nexus 4 by going to Recovery > Reboot system now.
The Nexus 4 will be rebooted, it may take some time about 5 minutes to boots up for the first time after installing the custom ROM and Gapps package.
That’s it! You’ve successfully updated Nexus 4 to the latest Resurrection Remix ROM based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Do let us know in the comments area below if you are facing any issue or have a question regarding the above guide to flash Android 5.0.2 Resurrection Remix Lollipop custom ROM on Nexus 4.