WhatsApp’s Dark Mode has been in the business for more than a year. One of the latest feature of Whatsapp Android Beta version that reaches to thousands of people in its very first week.But that version needs a lot of improvement on its way in future so that’s why it is not released on main app.
The Dark Mode on WhatsApp, as the name shows that changes the color theme of the app to a darker one – a new trend that a variety of popular applications along with Google and Facebook adopted it earlier. The Dark Mode is assumed to help reducing the burden on the battery of phones. However,there are also many studies that shows that it is also very soothing to eyes though most of the users don’t believe this. Mostly users admit that it looks very cool on their cell phones but somehow it’s your choice.
Before we have to enable the dark mode of Whatspp. Firstly we have to install the beta android version of Whatsapp to see dark mode.
How to Download the latest WhatsApp for Android beta
WhatsApp runs an official beta program on the Play Store, but that has been full for over a year and isn’t taking new beta testers. Your best option instead is to sideload the latest beta APK and install the app. I’ll show you how to do that below, but before you start you will have to back up your WhatsApp messages and media so that if something untoward occurs, you don’t lose your chats.
Backed up your messages to Google Drive? Here’s how you can sideload the latest WhatsApp for Android beta:
- Open Google Chrome or any web browser on your phone. It is preferably Android. As as I remember that this feature is not for ios etc.
- Type apkmirror.com. and as well as there are other websites too from where you can install this app.
- Hit the Search box on the top right corner.
- Type WhatsApp beta and hit go.
- Tap the Download button next to the WhatsApp Messenger beta listing (any version after 2.20.14 will work).
- In the Download section, select the build number once again.
- Now you have to download Whatsapp beta version here from the Apkmirror site then you have to install this app by going through various steps you see when you download an Apk File. Then you have to know how to use Whatsapp Dark mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp for Android
It is very special to use a baby feature of Whatsapp as it is not actually operational on a large scale. Here are a few steps if you follow then you can easily see these soothing features too.
Here’s how to do so:
- Open WhatsApp from the app drawer or home screen.
- Tap the action overflow menu (three vertical dots in the top right corner).
- Hit Settings.
- Select Chats.
- Choose Themes.
- In the Choose Theme dialog box, select Dark.
- You should see the interface switch to a dark theme.
Finally, I have to say that I’ve had dark mode enabled for over a week now, and it makes a huge difference in how you use the service. It’s easier on the eyes, and if you have an Android 10 phone and set dark mode system-wide, there’s better visual consistency.