In this guide, we are going to share easy instructions to Honor 8 Pro B310 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware. This new update is available for the Indian users and you can now the latest Android 8.0 Oreo firmware for Indian Honor 8 Pro. We have already shared various guides regarding Honor 8 Pro Oreo Firmware and the latest Emotion UI 8.0 and Android 8.0 Oreo OS based Honor 8 Pro Oreo Update in India is rolling out.
The new firmware update will upgrade your system from DUK-L09C675B150CUSTC675D003 to DUK-L09 184.108.40.2060 (C675CUSTC675D2) that comes with enhanced performance and security. Proceed to download Honor 8 Pro B310 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware by following the given guidelines.
Let’s talk about some of the features EMUI 8.0. It brings all Android Oreo Features as well as home screen shortcuts, fluidity, and speed, enhanced protection, floating Navigation dock, Faster AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability and much more. Also, keep in mind that Honor 8 Pro B310 Oreo update comes with bug fixes and many new features. Checkout the changelogs before going ahead to download Honor 8 Pro B310 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware.
Remember that the new B310 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update is available for the DUK-L09 variant of Honor 8 Pro in India. EMUI 8.0 Oreo OTA for Honor 8 Pro comes with a build number DUK-L09C675B310 (C675CUSTC675D2).
Features & Changelog:
- VOLTE calls enabled for Vodafone and JIO.
- Long-tap on parts of apps launcher icons, a shortcut menu will display.
- You can Tap and drag a shortcut to pin it to the device’s launcher.
- Play Store, Settings, Gallery, Dialler, Contacts, Messaging, Camera, Email, Themes, Clock, Calendar, Notepad,
- Sound Recorder, Downloads etc. support the feature.
- Improved false touch protection functionality reduces unintended operations on the touch screen in a wider range of scenarios.
EMUI 8.0 not only brings you the latest version of Android (8.0), it’s also boosted with a lot of great features and improvements to make your device more intuitive, faster and safer. We highly recommend updating now.
- Device – Honor 8 Pro
- Model – DUK-L09
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B310
- Build Number – DUK-L09 220.127.116.110 (C675CUSTC675D2)
- Region – India
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- We highly recommend taking proper backup of your phone. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Make sure that you are following the given steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- This guide containing instructions and firmware files are working with Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09. Don’t try this on any other device or incorrect variant.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Verify that the battery level of your phone is about 60-70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
Download Honor 8 Pro B310 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware
- Download Honor 8 Pro ROM Flasher – Download
1. Download Oreo Update for India Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09C675B310 –
2. Download Recovery files (Do not change the name of any of the downloaded files)
Steps: How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo Update on Indian Honor 8 Pro (18.104.22.1680)
Follow the given two methods to flash Honor 8 Pro B310 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update.
Method 1: –
1. First of all, download the Honor 8 Pro Flasher zip from the Download Section on the desktop of your PC and extract it there.
2. Next, download update.zip, update_data_full_public.zip, and update_full_DUK-L09I_hw_in.zip and copy them inside the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher folder. Move the folder to the internal storage of your SD Card on the phone (root folder).
3. Turn OFF the phone and boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding the Power + Volume Up button at the same time. Leave the Power button as soon as you see the Honor logo. Keep holding the Volume Up button.
4. While your device is now in TWRP Recovery, choose Install and navigate to the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher folder. Now choose the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher.zip inside the folder and swipe at the bottom to flash.
5. Please wait for the installation process to finish successfully, and Reboot your device.
Method 2: –
1. Before proceeding to the given instructions, please note that the bootloader of Honor 8 Pro should be unlocked. Also, the latest version of a custom TWRP recovery is pre-installed on your device.
- Unlock bootloader of Honor 8 Pro
- Download and install a TWRP recovery
- Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
2. Now, all you need to download the recovery files from the Download Section and move to ADB and Fastboot folder on the PC.
3. Create a folder named HWOTA on your PC.
4. Download the 3 firmware zip files from the above links and move them inside HWOTA folder. Also, download the two recovery images, do not place them inside any folders.
5. Next, turn OFF the phone and boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding the Power + Volume Up button. Leave the Power button as soon as you see the Honor logo. Keep holding the Volume Up button
6. While your phone is in TWRP recovery, swipe to allow modifications when asked.
7. Navigate to Wipe > Format data. Type “yes” to decrypt the device storage. This will wipe everything clean.
8. Transfer the HWOTA folder to the root of your device’s internal storage.
Note: Transfer both the recovery files to your device’s internal storage too.
9. In TWRP menu, navigate to Advanced -> Terminal. Type the following command and hit Enter to create an update folder inside the data folder, in the root of your device.
10. Now type this command and hit Enter to move the HWOTA folder to the newly created update folder.
mv /sdcard/HWOTA /data/update/HWOTA
11. Next, flash both the recoveries via TWRP terminal using the following commands.
dd if=/sdcard/DUK-RECOVERY-NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_a dd if=/sdcard/DUK-RECOVERY2-NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery2_a
12. After the recovery images installation completes successfully, delete them from the internal storage of your device.
13. Now enter the following terminal commands one to add the zip files to the recovery command.
echo --update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update.zip >> /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update_data_full_public.zip >> /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update_full_DUK-L09I_hw_in.zip >> /cache/recovery/command
14. Give the following command to Reboot your phone into recovery mode again.
15. Your phone will boot into the EMUI recovery and the update process will initiate.
These were the two methods to update Honor 8 Pro b310 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble while following the above guide.