In this guide, we will show you how to download Google Camera for all Realme phones. Recently, we saw Google release the Google Camera version 8.1 for it’s Pixel devices.
The Google Camera app is one of the best camera app for Android phones. But the application is Google’s stock camera application and is only available for Pixel devices which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
The Google camera app is not available on the Google Play store for other devices. But it is possible to use the app on other device. This is due to the open source nature of the Android operating system.
Android developers are able to make modded or ported versions of Google Camera (GCam) for different Android devices. Users of non-Pixel devices can download the Google Camera app in the form of an APK and use it on their devices. In this guide below, we have shared the Google Camera for all Realme phones.
Realme is a sub brand of the Oppo smartphone brand. Both of these are famous in the Android smartphone market for their low budget, mid range and high-end Android phones. Further, they are also known for other secondary devices and accessories.
Realme devices offer a lot for their price and this includes a great camera setup and hardware. But what they lack is a good camera app. Many users are not satisfied with the camera performance of Realme phones. So if you are one of them and are looking for better camera apps, then follow this guide to see how to download GCam on your device.
Google Camera App (GCam): Overview
The Google Camera app is the stock camera app for Google Pixel devices. This app offers users a very simple to use interface and has a very powerful software algorithm to produce better results than any other camera app.
The performance is state of the art for all of the Pixel devices. But as we mentioned above, this app is not limited to Pixel only devices, as there are many ported versions of the app available for different devices. The ported versions for other non-Pixel Android devices also come with all the features that are normally available.
From this guide, you can download the Google Camera for all Realme phones, which is now available for download due to the hard work and efforts of developers such as Arnova8G2, BSG, and Urnyx05 who keep trying to make ported APK files for the Google Camera app so that it can also be used on other devices.
So this means that those Non-pixel Android users who want to get the Google Camera app for their device as well, can get the app in the form of a ported GCam APK and then they can use it to shoot high quality pictures and videos.
The ported Google camera version in discussion sports Google Lens integration, AR Emojis, Time Lapse, Super Resolution Zoom, PhotoSphere, Image Stabilization, Slow-Motion, Astrophotography mode and more. In addition to that, it also brings in HDR, HDR+, HDR+ enhanced, RAW image format, AR Stickers, Night Sight mode, Portrait mode, ZSL, Screen Flash, etc. The image optimization and render that the Google Camera offers is better than any other Android camera app for Android.
Coming to the settings for the Google Camera app, users have the option to tweak the settings provided for the cameras as per their preference. But keep in mind, that as it is a ported version, it may not have all the tweaks that are available normally for Google Pixel devices. Before you head over to the download of Google Camera for your device, check the requirements below.
- Your device should have Camera2 API enabled. It is enabled by default on most Realme devices, but if it is turned off, you will have to turn it on. You can do this by using build.prop:
- Keep in mind that the ported GCam is only compatible with devices running on Qualcomm chipsets.
- Most of the GCam APKs only support ARM64 architecture.
- The Google Camera version 8.1 will only work on device running on Android 10 or higher.
Download Google Camera for All Realme Phones
Below we have provided different APKs for GCam 8.1 ported version. The build will be different according to the model number or chipset. If one does not work for you, try another one.
- Gcam-8.1.101.build-V6.2.211013 (Arnova8G2, 2021-10-14, configs)
- Gcam-8.1.101.build-V6.1.211009 (Arnova8G2, 2021-10-09, configs)
- MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1t (BSG, 2021-10-16, configs)
- MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1s (BSG, 2021-10-14, configs)
- PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk (cstark27/Urnyx05, 2021-01-25)
- PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1.apk (cstark27/Urnyx05, 2021-01-13)
Steps to Install Google Camera for all Realme phones
The installation of the Google Camera for all Realme phones is fairly straightforward. It is no different from installing any third-party APK file on an Android device. You do not even have to root your device for this. Still, we have mentioned the steps below for your convenience:
- First, you need to download the Google Camera APK file from the links provided to you above and then tap on it.
- You need to make sure that the Unknown Sources option on your device is turned on. If already enabled, you can go forward to the installation. If not, then you can enable the feature by going to the device’s Settings menu > Security/Privacy, and from there, you can enable the option.
- The APK will launch the package installer, there you need to tap the Install button.
- As soon as the installation is complete, you can start using it.
So that was it from our side on how to download and install Google Camera for all Realme phones. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.