Samsung has started pushing out the new November 2018 Security patch for Galaxy S7. The latest firmware update is currently available in the Europe region that comes with build number G930FXXS3ERKE. The software is still running on Android 8.0 Oreo and brings some minor changes like bug fixes and security patch. Now go ahead and follow the given guide to download and install G930FXXS3ERKE Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S7.
As official firmware updates gradually reaching all over the world, so you can also flash the firmware manually. We’ll use Odin flashing tool to install G930FXXS3ERKE Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy S7. You can now update your Galaxy S7 to G930FXXS3ERKE Android 8.0 Oreo via OTA (Over-The-Air). This firmware update is currently available in some Europian countries i.e
- Czech Republic
- South East Europe
- Bosnia and more other regions.
Firmware Details [G930FXXS3ERKE]:
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S7
- Model: SM-G935F
- Region: Europe
- Baseband Version: G930FXXS3ERKE
- Security Patch Level: 02.11.2018
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
This guide containing the G930FXXS3ERKE Android 8.0 Oreo firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy S7 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S7 during or after the installation of Android 8.0 Oreo. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S7, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S7 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy S7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S7 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
All you need to check your respective device first.
You May Also Like:
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware:
How To Install G930FXXS3ERKE Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy S7
1:– First, download G930FXXS3ERKE Security Patch and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy S7 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S7 in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S7. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S7 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy S7 SM-G930F
In case your Galaxy S7 SM-G930F stuck at booting for more than 10 minutes after the installation process then follow the given instructions:
- First, boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Then perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task. After that select Reboot System Now.
In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Done! these were the instructions to install G930FXXS3ERKE on Galaxy S7. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.