Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow new OTA update is live for the Galaxy Tab S SM-T707V now. This latest Android firmware update brings build ID T707VVRU1CPH4 and can be installed on the SM-T707V variants of Galaxy Tab S using Odin flashing tool. Keep in mind that you’ll be required to apply an extra ‘Factory Reset’ step, once the installation is finished. As you know that the new firmware updates are being rolled out by Samsung in stages, not all users will be able to upgrade their devices on the new firmware at the same time. So if the updates are not yet available in your region then still you can install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Verizon Galaxy Tab S manually by following the given guide.
In this guide we’ll use Odin app to flash the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware on Verizon Galaxy Tab S. Odin allows you to flash any new official firmware over both custom and stock ROMs. If you are an advanced user, and confident that you can use the Odin app to complete the update, then this is the tutorial that you should follow. Now go ahead and follow the given instructions to update Verizon Galaxy Tab S to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware.
This guide containing the Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware and instructions can be used only with the Verizon Galaxy Tab S. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the version of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM-T707V.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Verizon Galaxy Tab S SM-T707V during or after the installation of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Proceed at your own risk.
|Model name||GALAXY TabS|
|Build date||Wed, 07 Sep 2016 09:33:23 +0000|
|Security Patch Level||2016-09-01|
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Verizon Galaxy Tab S SM-T707V, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Verizon Galaxy Tab S SM-T707V USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Verizon Galaxy Tab S by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Verizon Galaxy Tab S will no longer belong to a rooted version once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your Verizon Galaxy Tab S, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Verizon Galaxy Tab S must be running on 100% stock Android before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Update Unlocked Verizon Galaxy Tab S SM-T707V to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
1:- First, download Android 6.0.1 T707VVRU1CPH4 and Odin v3.10.7 for Verizon Galaxy Tab S on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files to get tar.md5 file. Do not further extract .md5 file.
2:- Now, extract the archived contents to get the T707VVRU1CPH4 tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
3:- Turn OFF your Galaxy Tab S in order to boot into Download Mode.
4:- Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
5:- Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
6:- One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
7:- Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Tab S. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
8:- In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
9:- Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
10:- Once the installation process is successfully finished, the Galaxy Tab S will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated Samsung Verizon Galaxy Tab S to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware update.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions regarding the above given guide.
These are the steps to perform ‘factory reset’, also you will be required to follow the given steps in case your tab were running a Custom ROM. Here’s how to factory reset your Galaxy Tab S:
- Turn OFF the device.
- Next, boot it in Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power at the same time for a while.
- Release the buttons when the recovery screen displays.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- Confirm and reboot device in normal mode.