Our today’s guide is about how to install CM 11 M8 Android 4.4.4 Stable on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9100. If you wish to install CM 11 M8 Android 4.4.4 on your Galaxy S2 then here is good news for you that Galaxy S2 I900 is now supporting this first stable CM 11 M8 Snapshot. The CyanogenMod M8 Snapshot Stable ROM is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat that is much reliable and stable than CM 11 Nightlies. So follow this step by step guide about installing CM 11 M8 Android 4.4.4 on Galaxy S2.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as SMS, MMS, APN Settings, Call Logs and Contacts, etc.
- This guide is only applicable for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. You can check your device’s model by going to Settings -> About device.
- Download the build.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.X ROMs.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 I900 must be rooted.
- Your device has to be CWM or TWRP custom recovery installed.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy S2, and it should be charged at least about 80% before starting the installation process.
AndroidBlog will not be responsible in case you brick the phone, or you lose any data in the process. Read the following steps carefully and don’t skip any step. Proceed at your risk.
Steps To Flash CM 11 M8 Snapshot ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100:
Step No 1: – First of all, connect your Galaxy S2 to your computer and transfer both .zip files that you’ve already downloaded from the above links to the device’s internal storage.
Step No 2: – Now after transferring those zip files, disconnect your device from PC, and there is no need to unzip these files.
Step No 3: – Boot your device into Recovery Mode. Power off your Galaxy S2 (You can apply this guide for both CWM & TWRP), create the NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM:
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, set a filename and confirm.
- TWRP: press Backup. Swipe to confirm process.
Step No 4: – Apply the ‘factory reset’, for CWM select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm. For TWRP: press Wipe.
Step No 5: – Install the latest CM 11 M8 Snapshot. For CWM: select ‘install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’ and for TWRP press Install.
Step No 6: – Confirm the installation after selecting the ROM zip file.
Step No 7: – Now go back to the Main Custom Recovery menu and reboot your device into the Normal Mode. Here you’ll need to use your CyanogenMod or Google account info to get control on your Galaxy S2.
Done! The latest CyanogenMod 11 M8 Snapshot is installed on your Galaxy S2 I9100. If you have any query or facing problem regarding the above installation process, then let us know in the comments field below.