In this guide, we will show you how to enable or disable the OnePlus Scout feature. The OnePlus Scout is a useful feature debuted by OnePlus with OxygenOS 12.1. This is basically a search feature for devices running on OxygenOS 12.1 and above. With this feature, users can effortlessly browse for all sorts of information available on their devices. This includes documents, media, contacts, and much more.
How to Use the OnePlus Scout Feature:
Using the OnePlus Scout feature is fairly straightforward. First up, proceed to the OxygenOS launcher application and go to the OnePlus Shelf. Using the search bar on the shelf, you can search for any content on your device.
After you type in your search query, you must select the application you want to search, for example, Google Chrome, Maps, or Play Store. Once done, the OnePlus scout feature will provide you results from the application you searched and results from the internet as well.
Customizing OnePlus Scout Features
If you want to obtain better results for your search queries, you can customize the OnePlus Scout settings from the Settings app. In the Settings app, scroll down to the Special features section. Now select Scout.
Here, you can see multiple options, which you can either turn on or off. One of these options is the option to include results from apps that are not installed on your device. Other options include search tips, permissions for contacts, locations, files, media, and more.
After you enable or disable the OnePlus Scout feature’s settings according to your preference, the OnePlus Scout feature will provide you with your desired results when you search for something. This way, you can get the results you want.
Also read: How to enable 5G on OnePlus devices
How to Enable or Disable the OnePlus Scout Feature
In order to enable or disable the OnePlus Scout feature on your device, follow the steps provided below:
- First, swipe up from the bottom of your OnePlus device’s home screen to open the App drawer.
- Now, tap on the three vertical dots available on the top right of the interface to open up a menu.
- Now select Scout Settings.
- In the Scout Settings section, you will be able to see a toggle next to “Use Scout.”
- To enable or disable the OnePlus Scout feature on your device, turn the toggle on or off.
- After you have enabled or disabled the feature, you can quit the Settings menu.
- If you want to use the OnePlus Scout feature, head to the OnePlus launcher application and search for anything on the search bar.
So that was it from our side on how to enable or disable the OnePlus Scout feature on your device. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.