Download T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 security Patch: Samsung is rolling out the latest T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 security patch for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (WiFi). The update is named January security patch, although we are in the first week of February 2018. This latest security patch brings stability improvements, performance enhancement as well as enhanced security leve. The T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 security patch also comes with regular bug fixes and resolves Meltdown and specter security threats So proceed to the given links to download T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 security Patch on Galaxy Tab S3 (WiFi) and installation instructions.
The new January 2018 Security update brings the firmware build number T820XXU1ARA2 which is now available for Galaxy Tab S3 (Indian variants). Its size is about 114.77 MB and this Android OS update is rolling in Indian region as of now. But you may know that OTA updates are rolling out gradually all over the world.
However, if the update is currently not available in your region then still, you can install T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 security Patch on Galaxy Tab S3 (WiFi) manually. Your device must be running on Stock firmware without root to receive this OTA. Now proceed to the installation guide.
To manually capture the OTA:
- Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
- Tap on Check for software updates
Changelog: Galaxy Tab S3 (WiFi) T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 Security Patch
Check out the changelog of this latest security patch update as it doesn’t really bring any major update.
- Fixes the bugs
- Device stability improvement
- new and enhanced features
- Resolves Meltdown and spectre security threats
This guide containing the Official T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 security Patch and instructions are working with the Galaxy Tab S3. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM-T820.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 during or after the installation of T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 security Patch. Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Tab S3, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T820 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy Tab S3 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy Tab S3, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 Security Patch
- Download Full Firmware Zip File
- Download ODIN v3.10.7
Check Popular Posts:
- How To Install DXU1AQE1 Android 6.0 May Security Patch on Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570Y
- HTC U Ultra receives update with October Security Patch
- LG V30 (H930) Gets N2G47H OTA Update With November Security Patch
- Flash XXS4CRA1 January Security Patch on Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C
- December security patch rolling out for Essential Phone – Download NMJ51B OTA update
- Install Android KitKat 4.4.2 Firmware on Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520
- Install Substratum Theme Engine on Android Devices without Root
Steps to Download Galaxy Tab S3 (WiFi) T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 Security Patch [How To Install]:
1: – First of all, download T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 security Patch and Odin v3.10.7 for Galaxy Tab S3 on the desktop of your PC.
2: – Now, extract the archived contents to get the tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
3: – Turn OFF your Galaxy Tab S3 to boot into Download Mode.
4: – Next, turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home+ Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
5: – Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
6: – One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
7: – Select the firmware files tar.md5 that you want to flash on your Galaxy Tab S3. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
8: – Now, in Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
9: – Finally, click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes.
10: – Once the installation process successfully completes, the Galaxy Tab S3 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 to T820XXU1ARA2 January 2018 security Patch.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions.