Here is how to Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Like most other Android devices, Xiaomi devices ship with a locked bootloader out of the box. In order to install a custom recovery or a custom ROM, the bootloader needs to be unclocked. You can Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi devices either officially, or unofficially.
Unofficial methods depend on the device and if a developer is successful in finding one. The official method requires permission from Xiaomi. This is where Mi Flash Unlock tool (Latest Mi Flash Unlock Tool V2.2.406.5) comes in handy. It was developed by the enthusiastic MIUI community to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi devices. It works for all Xiaomi devices from the Mi Series, such as Xiaomi Mi 4, Mi 5, and Redmi Series such as Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4 etc. Now proceed to the given guide, here you can find the direct link to download Mi Flash Unlock Tool and step-by-step instructions to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi devices.
Even though Xiaomi, like most manufacturers, officially supports unlocking the bootloader, it will void your warranty. Mi Flash Unlock Tool will also lead to your device being wiped clean, including all your apps, their data, your user data and the device’s internal storage. AndroidBlog will not responsible in case any harm is done to your device.
Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool
How To Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices (Redmi Note 3, Mi 4c, Mi Note Pro, Mi5) via Mi Flash Unlock Tool
- Download the Mi Flash Unlock Tool zipped file from above and extract it anywhere on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click on the miflash_unlock.exe file to run it on your PC. Click Agree.
- Sign in with your MI account user ID and password. If you don’t already have a Mi account, click Sign up and create one.
- After that, the validation process will automatically start on your phone and a pop up will appear with the message: “You don’t have the permission to Unlock the device”
- Click on the “Go” button or go to this link to get the unlocking permission.
- Click on the Unlock Now button and log in with your Mi account details.
- Provide the reason for unlocking and wait for your application to be approved, you will receive the OTP password on your phone number once it is approved.
- When you do get the OTP, enter the OTP on the Unlocking screen. The approval process can take anywhere from hours to days, about 20 days.
- Boot your phone in fastboot mode. Turn off your device, press the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time, wait for a vibration signal and release the Power button.
- Connect your device to PC when the fastboot logo appears.
- Sign-in into the same account you’ve used to acquire unlock permissions. Make sure you are signed in on your phone using the same Mi account as well.
- Click on the Unlock button.
- You should soon see a message: Unlocked successfully.
- Click on the Reboot phone button and let it reboot.
These were the easy instructions on how to download Mi Flash Unlock Tool and unlock bootloader of Xiaomi devices.
Check Popular Posts:
- Unlock the Bootloader on Mototola Moto G5
- How To Unlock Your Cell Phone With doctorSIM
- Unlock Bootloader And Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mediapad T3 10
- Install Nitrogen OS Android 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM On Xiaomi Redmi Note 3